My children love cookies and get super disappointed when they open up the sweet drawer and there are no cookies. Cookies and milk are some of our favorites after-school snacks before we start on our homework. While my kids’ favorite cookie is chocolate chip, they also enjoy cookies like this gluten-free oatmeal cookie because it’s crispy on the outside. I don’t know about you, but I think that those are the best kind! Milk likes a crispy cookie, too.
Who doesn’t love a good cookie?
I’ve taken the classic oatmeal raisin cookie and perfected its gluten-free version. Trust me, you won’t notice the difference. Even though we aren’t a gluten-free family, I do find myself making these quite often.
Here’s Everything I Love About These Gluten-Free, Nut-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
The texture here is everything you’d want in a cookie. Crisp, golden edges with a deliciously soft center. They’re chewy but still have a bite to it. It is perfection.
Making it gluten-free is not hard at all
Sometimes we get overwhelmed when we think about creating gluten-free recipes. With these oatmeal raisin cookies, you just need to swap out your grains with easy-to-find substitutes. Gluten-free oats for regular oats. Gluten-free flour for all-purpose flour. And add some almond flour for the perfect texture.
They’re easy to make
I’m not kidding. Combine your wet ingredients. Add in your dry ingredients. And bake!
My Favorite Tips To Perfect These Cookies
- Let your dough sit. Giving your cookie dough some time to sit allows all the flavors to combine together wonderfully.
- Use a silicone baking sheet. If you aren’t baking your cookies on a silicone baking sheet, you are missing out. Less clean-up, better cookies.
I love that these are gluten-free and nut-free oatmeal cookies are chewy and soft on the inside. It creates a nice contrast with the crispy outside. I think that it makes them perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea. They are ideally sweet yet low in calories: just about 87 calories per cookie. While I am not picky about remaining on a gluten-free diet when there is an option I choose the gluten-free one. These are so delicious that you won’t even know they are gluten-free.
All right, let’s make these cookies! You will need:
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- gluten-free flour
- oat flakes
You’ll know how soft, chewy, and delicious these gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookies are as soon as you bite into one! And I’m certain you’ll be making them often!
How to make these Nut-Free and Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies
The Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies (Nut Free)
- hand mixer
- Ice cream scoop
- 100 grams butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- 1⅓ cup oat flakes
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F, line 2 the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter with a hand mixer with sugar and vanilla for 1 minute.
- Add one egg and beat until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt, mix with a mixer.
- Add oat flakes and raisins, mix with a spoon.
- With an ice cream spoon place balls of dough onto a baking sheet, leave room between them because they will spread while baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, check a few times. The cookies should be golden brown.
- Cool for 2-5 minutes on a baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.