Making your own crunchy muesli bowl for breakfast is so easy! Simple ingredients combine with little effort to serve with your favorite fruit and yogurt for breakfast.
Muesli and yogurt is a popular breakfast option for those who are looking for a healthy and tasty meal to start their day. You can have everything in one bowl, and enjoy it too: protein, fiber, and vitamins!
Muesli is super easy to put together at home. I like to make mine in batches so I have some in my pantry all the time! All you need to do is combine rolled oats, olive oil, honey, almonds, cinnamon, and vanilla and lightly bake. Then, combine it with yogurt and fruits for the perfect crunchy muesli breakfast!
Table of Contents
Rolled oats: These fiber-rich grains provide a satisfying crunch and a great source of energy.
Olive oil: Olive oil is heart healthy and adds a nutty flavor to the homemade muesli.
Honey: Honey is a great natural sweetener to use if you don’t want added sugars in a recipe. It is rich in antioxidants and minerals.
Almonds: These protein-packed nuts provide a satisfying crunch and a rich flavor to this muesli breakfast bowl.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon adds a comforting flavor to the muesli cereal and pairs well with the fruit. It’s a great spice to use on any sweet breakfast!
Vanilla: Vanilla adds a light and sweet flavor to the baked muesli, giving a depth of flavor when combined with the other ingredients.
Nectarines: These juicy stone fruits provide a sweet and tangy flavor combining with the yogurt and muesli.
Cherries: Sweet and tart cherries add a burst of flavor and color. They’re loaded with antioxidants!
Strawberries: These sweet and juicy berries provide a refreshing flavor to this crunchy homemade muesli breakfast.
Raspberries: Raspberries are tart and fresh, best used in the summer when they’re seasonal.
Greek yogurt: Creamy and tangy Greek yogurt is a great source of protein. It’s a common breakfast ingredient that I love to incorporate all the time!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to Make an Easy Muesli Breakfast with Yogurt and Fruit
Step 1: Preheat
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Step 2: Combine ingredients
In a bowl combine the rolled oats, olive oil, honey, almonds, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of vanillin. Incorporate well together.
Step 3: Lay out the mix
Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Lay out the oat mix and bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the oven, or until it just begins to brown. (Ovens vary, 7-10 minutes is an average).
Step 4: Cut fruit
Meanwhile, cut the fruit into bite sized pieces.
Step 5: Assemble and enjoy
On top of the fruit, place the Greek yogurt then spread around the baked almond and oat mix on top. Enjoy on the go or at home!
- Don’t be afraid to get creative! You can have fun with your mix-ins and topping ideas. Pumpkin pie spices, various toppings, and seasonal fruits are all great options to fit this recipe to your flavor palate. You can use a fruity Greek yogurt or milk and enjoy the muesli as a cereal.
- Muesli is perfect for meal prep, so you can make a big batch on the weekend to last you throughout the week. Store it in an airtight container and it will keep for several weeks!
Absolutely! Feel free to mix and match your favorite seasonal fruits to create a customized blend that suits your taste preferences.
Yes, you can prepare the muesli in advance and store it in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat. Simply add the yogurt and fruit when you’re ready to enjoy.
Muesli can be served with a variety of toppings like fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, or nut butter. You can also try adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, and even some chocolate chips for extra flavor.
Here are some more recipes the whole family is sure to enjoy!
Try these other recipes featuring Greek Yogurt:
If you tried this Crunchy Muesli or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and leave your 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
How to make Healthy and Crunchy Muesli and Fruit Breakfast Salad
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup raw almonds, chopped
- ½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch vanilla
- 2 nectarines, chopped
- ½ cup cherries, pitted
- 5 strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup raspberries
- 5 oz Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 tsp oil, 1 Tbsp honey, 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon, and a pinch of vanillin. Incorporate well together.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Lay out the oat mix and bake for 7 -10 minutes in the oven, just until it begins to brown. (Ovens vary, 7-10 minutes is an average).
- Meanwhile, cut the fruit into bite size pieces.
- On top of the fruit place vanilla yogurt then spread around the almond and oat mix on top.