Now, how often do you enjoy fruit salads? They’re probably not in circulation as often in the chillier seasons, but it’s never too early to meal plan for warmer days and seasons!
So, did you peek at the ingredient list? That’s right! There’s no sugar!
And, this dressing is made of only three ingredients:
1. lime, for vitamin C
2. honey for the antibacterial action
3. ginger, for the antioxidants!
As sweet as this salad might taste, adding sugar to fruit just adds unnecessary carbs. If you’re on the keto diet, you know that berries are a great fiber-filled fruit to enjoy for dessert.
Eating farmer’s-market-fresh berries is a delicacy unmatched! Locally sourced strawberries are packed with antioxidants, lower your blood pressure, and protect your heart.
Blueberries are high in nutrients and low in calories. That’s a perfectly-grown balance! They protect the cholesterol in your blood from becoming damaged.
Raspberries and blackberries contain omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, and manganese. What a great package deal!
Grapes contain antioxidants that reduce inflammation. They’re also super easy to incorporate into your diet!
Oranges make a great breakfast juice, but don’t forget to add them into this salad! They’ll support your body, providing collagen and calcium.
Finally, kiwis help to treat asthma and reduce your chances of catching a cold or flu!
Enjoy this amazing dessert without the guilt and with all of the benefits!
Fruit Salad Recipe with Sweet Ginger Lime Dressing
- 2 cups green or red grapes, cut in half
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 orange, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 kiwis, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp ginger, peeled & grated
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add grapes, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwis, and oranges. Toss well to combine.
- Add dressing to fruit salad and mix well to combine.
- Serve with whipped cream, yogurt, an extra drizzle of honey, or a sprinkle of fresh ginger.