Fill these Summer Rolls with grated vegetables, wrapped in rice paper and served with Dairy-Free dipping sauce.
Fruits and vegetables play a vital role in our diet, so you get all of those nutrients making raw veggie rolls. These rice paper rolls are filled with cabbage, a beet, carrot, and parsley for a colorful assortment.
Complement these amazing rolls with fresh veggies with a variety of sauces, from peanut to ranch! I like to make this amazing dairy free dipping sauce out of easy to find, on hand ingredients.
Table of Contents
Purple cabbage is the perfect base cabbage to use in summer veggie rolls with its mellow flavor.
Red beets You can also use golden beets.
Carrot Make sure you peel it.
Parsley leaves compliments the filling ingredients with its clean and peppery flavor, you can also substitute it for cilantro.
Rice paper sheets keep the vegetable filling inside when rolled tight. Can be found in the Asian isle of the grocery store.
For the Dairy-Free Dipping Sauce you will need
- Avocado mayonnaise: Regular mayonnaise if you are not dairy free sensitive.
- Parsley: Can also be substituted for cilantro.
- Dill: Use fresh.
- Garlic: Just one large clove.
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Almond milk: Just a hint of a nutty flavor.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make Summer Rolls with Dairy Free Dipping Sauce:
Step 1: Prepare the Dairy-Free Dipping Sauce first:
Mix together all of the sauce ingredients thoroughly.
Step 2: Prep the veggies for the Vegetable Wraps:
Grate the vegetables.
Step 3: Submerge the rice paper.
Fill a shallow dish with very warm water. Submerge one of the spring roll wrappers in the warm water until softened but still slightly stiff (about 20 seconds).
Step 4: Add the Vegetables.
Lay the softened wrapper on your work surface. Place a small handful of each ingredient in the middle of the wrapper.
Step 6: Roll them up.
Fold the sides of the wrapper over the filling, then roll it up, starting at the bottom. Repeat with filling and rolling the remaining rolls.
- Be gentle when handling the rice paper sheets because they tear easily when they’re too wet.
- You can add different herbs and greens for added variety. Mint or cilantro are both great options.
- If you prefer a touch of spice, you can add sriracha or fresh chili oil to the filling or dipping sauce.
You can make the summer rolls ahead of time! It’s best to enjoy them within a few hours for the freshest taste and texture. If you’re taking them on the go,, you can store them in an airtight container in a cooler.
Feel free to customize the filling with your favorite vegetables. Thinly sliced bell peppers, cucumber, or julienned mango can be great additions to the rolls.
Yes, this simple recipe is naturally gluten-free as it doesn’t include any gluten ingredients!
More great vegetable recipes:
If you tried this Summer Rolls with Dairy Free Dipping Sauce or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and leave your 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Summer Rolls with Dairy Free Dipping Sauce
- ¼ purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red beet, peeled & grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 stems parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 5 large rice paper sheets
Dairy-Free Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- Prepare the Dairy-Free Dipping Sauce first: mix together all of the sauce ingredients thoroughly. (Avocado mayonnaise, parsley, dill, garlic, lemon juice, and almond milk.)½ cup avocado mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp parsley, 1 Tbsp dill,, 1 clove garlic,, 1 tsp lemon juice, 3 Tbsp almond milk
- Vegetable Wraps: Grate the vegetables.¼ purple cabbage,, 1 medium red beet,, 1 medium carrot,, 3 stems parsley,
- Fill a shallow dish with very warm water. Submerge one of the spring roll wrappers in the warm water until softened but still slightly stiff (about 20 seconds).5 large rice paper sheets
- Lay the softened wrapper on your work surface.
- Place a small handful of each ingredient in the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the sides of the wrapper over the filling, then roll it up, starting at the bottom.
- Repeat with filling and rolling the remaining rolls.
- Feel free to switch out vegetables to your liking.
- You can use regular mayonnaise if you are not sensitive to dairy.
- Be careful when folding the rice paper, it can break easily.