This super easy leftover turkey salad with pomegranate and dairy-free ranch is the perfect post-Thanksgiving dish! This light romaine salad perfectly complements the savory flavors of your leftover turkey. Don’t let your Thanksgiving dinner go to waste – there are so many ways to make fresh meals out of your leftovers!
Why You’ll Love This Leftover Turkey Salad
This super simple leftover turkey salad with pomegranate and dairy-free ranch is the perfect post-Thanksgiving meal! Somehow we always end up with loads of leftover turkey, and instead of letting it sit in the fridge to dry up, I do my best to repurpose it in other delicious recipes.
After a day full of rich foods, I like to have this salad for lunch the next day. The romaine lettuce is low in calories but has lots of calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. The pomegranate seeds are rich in fiber and protein, and the turkey itself has lots of zinc, iron, and vitamins B12 and B6!
Don’t forget to drizzle your salad with diary-free ranch. It’s so easy to make and it’s much healthier (and more delicious) than store-bought. You probably already have the ingredients on hand.
So go ahead and enjoy your holiday food to the fullest – even after Thanksgiving has passed – there are so many leftover turkey recipes to enjoy!
More Leftover Turkey Recipes
- Use your turkey to make a leftover turkey soup! Swap the chicken for turkey in this healing chicken and vegetable soup recipe, miso mushroom vegetable soup, or chicken noodle soup.
- Add some leftover turkey to these easy and quick turkey lettuce wraps!
- There’s nothing like turkey leftover sandwiches! If you’re worried your sandwich may be a little dry between the leftover turkey and bread, add some easy cranberry sauce with citrus, raspberry jam, or our easy homemade cranberry jam.
- Make a leftover turkey casserole with some veggies!
- Add your turkey to a pasta salad with roasted vegetables.
- Put turkey on any other kind of salad! I love this beet salad with feta cheese and walnuts.
Ingredients for an Easy Leftover Turkey Recipe
This simple salad recipe has two components: the salad and the dressing. Plus, you can re-use the dressing for other salads and as a dip!
Turkey and Pomegranate Salad Ingredients
- Leftover turkey – or cooked turkey, duck or chicken.
- Romaine Lettuce – chopped.
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Red Onion – can be substitute for green onion.
- Dried Cranberries
- Red Bell Pepper – can also be orange red bell pepper.
Dairy-Free Ranch Ingredients
- Fresh dill
- Lemon Juice
- Almond Milk
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How To Make a Leftover Turkey and Pomegranate Salad
Step 1: Make Ranch Dressing
Whisk together the ingredients for the dairy-free dressing and then set it aside. The dairy-free ranch can stay in the refrigerator for up to four days in a sealed airtight container.
Step 2: Mix Salad Ingredients
Combine the cooked and chopped turkey, romaine lettuce, pomegranate, red onion, cranberries, and bell pepper in a large salad bowl.
Step 4: Add Dressing + Serve
When you’re ready to serve, mix the salad with ranch dressing.
Store your leftover turkey within 2-3 hours after cooking. Allow it to cool completely, and then store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It’ll keep for 3-4 days.
The longer turkey is stored, the more it’ll lose moisture, that’s why we recommend only using it for 3-4 days (in addition to the fact that it will go bad past that point). However, you can do things to enhance the flavor and moisture content, like enjoying it with a cranberry jam, a drizzle of gravy, or even some dressing like the dairy-free ranch from our recipe!
I recommend dressing the salad only when you’re ready to serve it and storing the salad ingredients separately in an airtight container in the fridge (for about 3 days). Only add the turkey and the dress when you’re ready to enjoy.
Additional Thanksgiving Recipes To Try
- Try one of our Thanksgiving sides like these seared brussels sprouts with bacon and cheese, some wild rice with roasted winter squash, or roasted potatoes with mushrooms.
- If you need a quick gravy recipe, try our 10-minute quick meat gravy recipe!
- Thanksgiving isn’t complete without dessert! We recommend a no-bake cherry cheesecake pie, some chocolate eclairs, or an easy cherry and cream cheese danish.
- If you have any guests with dietary restrictions, try this gluten-free apple crisp.
- And we can’t forget pumpkin! These pumpkin muffins are drizzled with a sweet icing and can be enjoyed as dessert OR a holiday breakfast.
More Tasty Salads To Try
If you tried this Left Over Turkey Salad with Pomegranate and Dairy-Free Ranch or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Left Over Turkey Salad with Pomegranate and Dairy-Free Ranch
- 2 cups turkey, cooked & chopped
- 8 oz romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside. (Dairy-Free Ranch can stand in refrigerator for up to 4 days sealed.)½ cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp fresh dill,, 1 tsp chives, 1 clove garlic,, 1 tsp lemon juice,, 3 Tbsp almond milk
- Combine cooked + chopped turkey, romaine lettuce, pomegranate, red onion, cranberries, and bell pepper in a salad bowl.2 cups turkey,, 8 oz romaine lettuce,, ½ cup pomegranate seeds, 1 Tbsp red onion,, 2 Tbsp dried cranberries, 2 Tbsp red bell pepper,
- When ready to serve, mix salad with ranch dressing.
- Ranch can be made ahead of time, and stored in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve the salad.
- Romaine lettuce also be substituted for arugula or other mixed greens.
- Don’t mix the salad until ready to eat.