Feeling under the weather or not, this Miso Vegetable Soup with Chicken is a must-try. No need to order take out, or curbside delivery this soup comes with satisfying flavors and wonderfully flavored with healthy gut and immunity ingredients. A Hearty Miso Soup with Chicken and Vegetables is a Japanese inspired flavor soup that satisfies cravings.
The flavors of the soup blend so well together with each other, yet you can still taste the individual flavors of each ingredient.
What do you need to make at home Miso Vegetable Soup with Chicken?
Not very much.
Totally easier than it may seem.
Oil: Use avocado or olive oil, also will need toasted sesame oil.
Veggies: 1 onion, 3 carrots, 10 mushrooms, green cabbage.
Liquid: Vegetable stock
Poultry: Chicken breast (or can use thighs)
Boost of flavor: Miso (chickpea or mellow white) and salt and pepper to taste.
This soup is welcomed all year round, but especially during this time of year is when I seem to make it most often. Packed with cold and flu-fighting ingredients that will help boost your immune system. Fresh onion, carrots, and cabbage with shitake mushrooms for vitamin D and chicken for extra protein.
Miso Mushroom Vegetable Soup with Chicken
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into half-moons, then cut in half again
- 3 medium-sized carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cups chicken breast, cubed & cooked
- 6-8 cups chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup miso, (chickpea or mellow white)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot on medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt and stir to coat. Let onions cook for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes until mushrooms start to soften.
- Next add the cabbage, chicken, and stock and bring to a boil then turn off the heat.
- Remove ½ cup stock from the pot and place it in a bowl with the miso paste. Whisk to combine thoroughly into a smooth liquid.
- Add this back to the pot and stir. Add toasted sesame oil, and salt/pepper to taste.