It’s that time of year again when time to take out the coats and put away the flip-flops. The time of year when everyone gets back to an organized schedule, finally! Once it rolls around, I’m all in making apple recipes.
Every season has some delicious healthy fruit or vegetables, and fall starts out with apples. You can start incorporating apples into your diet by making this apple salad with a tangy and sweet vinaigrette. If you are looking to improve your eyesight, apples benefit your eyesight. For those wanting to build stronger bones, apples are the fruit to eat.
Honey has its benefits too. Surprisingly, honey prevents infections and as we know, treats colds and coughs. If you decide not to use candied pecans for this salad and just use regular pecans, a good thing to know is that they are rich in vitamin E but also support brain health. Happy Fall!
What do I need to make this simple apple salad recipe?
Romaine lettuce fills you with calcium, magnesium, and vitamin A.
Gala apples supply you with prebiotics and support your heart.
Goat cheese contains calcium, which supports bone health.
Along with those ingredients, you will need candied pecans.
How to make this tasty apple salad:
Simple Apple Salad with a Honey Vinaigrette and Cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 gala apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp goat cheese, grated
- ¼ cup candied pecans
- ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Chop up 1 head romaine lettuce into shredded pieces.
- Chop 1 gala apple into small bite-size pieces.
- Chop 1/4 candied pecans (I got my at Trader Joe's). Add pecans and grated goat cheese to apples.
- Honey Vinaigrette: Whisk together 1/2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, and a small pinch of salt + pepper.