This is the soup you need after each and every holiday party, vacations, and eating out. It’s made with ingredients that will help get you back on track of feeling good and healthy.
With all of the intricate dishes that go onto the holiday table, it’s nice to get back to simple cooking, with fresh ingredients and a calming taste. This healing soup takes you back into your daily routine and is perfectly comforting.
There are so many more soup recipes that you can make this season. Check out these other 6 chunky soup recipes to make this time of year!
What goes into a Chicken and Vegetable Soup?
Soup is my favorite type of dish. Not only is it a great way to add a variety of veggies into your diet, but it is also is a mixer of great health benefits.
This one is made from basic and well-known ingredients:
Meat: Chicken with bone and chicken breast.
Veggies: Carrots, onion, kale, celery, and garlic.
Spices: onion powder, sage powder, salt, and pepper.
How to make Healing Chicken and Vegetable Soup
The Healing Chicken and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, bone-in
- 2 chicken legs or thighs, bone-in
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium-sized carrots, sliced into rounds
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sage powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 large pinch black pepper
- 2 cups green kale, chopped
- Place chicken in a large soup pot and cover with water by 2 inches.
- Bring water to a boil until foam forms on top of the pot. Skim foam off and discard.
- Add all other ingredients except kale to the pot and bring to a rolling boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover pot leaving a crack and simmer for 1 ½ -2 hours until meat begins to fall off the bone.
- Remove chicken from pot and allow the chicken to cool enough to handle. Remove meat from the bone and place it back in the pot along with the kale.
- Allow soup to simmer for a few more minutes until greens soften. Turn off heat and serve warm.