Grilled Peaches and Mozzarella in a Kale Salad
The perfect tastes of summer can be enjoyed in this simple salad made from warm grilled peaches combined with kale, mozzarella, and pecans.
What is the perfect formula when creating a salad? Is it a great dressing-to-leafy greens balance, or maybe a good base-to-toppings ratio? This salad evenly balances the base to the toppings and the dressing, but it has more than that: it has delicious fruits, fresh cheese, and toasted nuts. I think the formula to creating a perfect salad is the ingredients you choose for it and how their flavors balance together.
On their own, peaches are sweet and juicy, but grilling them not only adds that factor of heat, but it also gives them an extra taste that you simply won’t get from peaches on their own. The blueberries add an extra summery taste (especially if you picked your own this year!), while the toasted pecans add that great crunch that almost every salad needs.
While kale may not be everyone’s favorite leafy green, I think the real problem is in the way we eat it. And eating kale in boring salads is just not the solution! Kale is loaded with antioxidants such as quercetin, which supports heart health, and kaempferol, which supports brain health.
Table of Contents
What do I need to make this recipe?
Kale contains antioxidants that support heart and brain health.
Peaches are rich in vitamin C, which supports your immune system.
Mozzarella contains probiotics that support gut health and promote immunity.
Pecans are rich in calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
Blueberries fill you with vitamin K and protect your body from damage done by free radicals.
And for the dressing:
- Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- lemon juice
- olive oil
More recipes you can make at home:
Green Cabbage Salad boosts your immune system with nutritious ingredients.
2 Ingredient Sugar Free Cherry Jam is a sweet and delicious jam you can keep in your freezer year round.
Grilled Peaches and Mozzarella in a Kale Salad with Pecans
- Dressing bowl
- mixing bowl
- Serving plate
- Cast Iron Grill
- 10 oz kale
- 4 small peaches, ripe and firm
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup buffalo mozzarella, ripped into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard, whole grain
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Put all ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl or a jar and whisk until combined. (Dijon mustard, honey, salt, black pepper, lemon, and olive oil.)
- Wash the kale. Cut off the stems and tear them into small pieces.
- Place kale into a bowl and add half of the dressing. Massage the cabbage to coat it with dressing and soften.
- Slice the peaches and coat with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Grill on high heat for 2 min, then turn and grill for 1 more minute.
- To assemble the salad, spread the kale on a serving plate. Top with grilled peaches and the rest of the ingredients and drizzle with the other half of the dressing.
This is a great refreshing salad. The peaches pair exceptionally well with kale.