There aren’t many things in life better than cobbler. Am I right? A Peach Cobbler.
Here are just some of the reasons why cobblers go down as one of the best desserts in my book:
Texture. I love foods that can get me a variety of textures with every spoonful. And cobblers do a great job at offering you some amazing textures – a crispy top, and a soft, juicy inside. Add a scoop of ice cream and you’ve got a bonus silky, creamy texture too!
Perfectly Balanced. Tangy. Sweet. Spiced. Buttered. Salted. It’s a beautiful harmony of flavors that just work.
Serve for the masses. If you’re cooking up an intimate dinner with a cobbler to enjoy for dessert, you can totally bake it in individual ramekins. Hosting a big dinner party? Make it in a large casserole dish. Make as much or as little as you need.
Restaurant Quality Without The Effort. Cobblers aren’t difficult to make. In fact, it’s quite easy to whip up a delicious peach cobbler.
All you need to do is:
- Cook your peaches alongside sugar and a hint of lemon.
- Separately combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Gradually stir in milk.
- Put it all together:
- A layer of butter cubes
- A generous helping of cinnamon
Although summer is peach season, this is a dessert you can enjoy all year round. Cozy up to a warm bowl of peach cobbler using canned peaches!
How to make this Scrumptious Peach Cobbler
Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 1⅓ lb peaches, 4-5 peaches
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, (add more if your peaches are not very sweet)
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp butter, 85g, melted
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup flour, (or gluten-free flour blend)
- ½ cup oat flour, (or more regular flour, oat flour gives it a bit of a nutty taste)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash and slice the peaches.
- Place sliced peaches into a bowl, add brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Toss gently.
- Place peaches into 11*7 inches baking dish, bake for 15 min.
- To prepare the dough, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in melted butter and yogurt, just until combined.
- Spoon the dough over baked peaches.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 35-40 min, until nicely browned.