This peach cobbler has all the right notes and hits all the right spots. Whether you choose to use fresh peaches or canned, you’ll absolutely love this crispy, gooey, delicious dessert.
I love foods that can get me a variety of textures with every spoonful. And cobblers do a great job at offering you some amazing textures – a crispy top, and a soft, juicy inside. Add a scoop of ice cream and you’ve got a bonus silky, creamy texture too!
If you’re having an intimate gathering, this cobbler is perfect for individual ramekins. Hosting a big dinner party? Make it in a large casserole dish. Make as much or as little as you need.
A peach cobbler gives you an effortless restaurant-quality dessert. Cobblers aren’t difficult to make. In fact, it’s quite easy to whip up a delicious peach cobbler.
Table of Contents
Peaches are the classic fruit base in this cobbler recipe. You can make any fruit cobbler using this recipe, but ripe peaches are perfectly in season.
Brown sugar adds the perfect warm sweet flavors into this cobbler recipe. If your peaches aren’t very sweet, you can even add more to taste.
Cinnamon adds the perfect warm spice flavor that every cobbler recipe needs. I can’t imagine making a cobbler without it.
For the wet ingredients, you’ll need:
- Lemon juice
- Plain yogurt
For the dry ingredients, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Oat flour
- Corn starch
- Baking powder
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make a Peach Cobbler at Home:
Steps 1 & 2: Prepare the peaches
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Wash and slice the peaches.
Step 3: Make the spice mix
Place sliced peaches into a bowl, add brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Toss gently.
Step 4: Bake the peach mix
Place peaches into 11×7 inches baking dish, bake for 15 min.
Steps 5 & 6: Prepare the dough
To prepare the dough, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
Stir in melted butter and yogurt, just until combined.
Step 7: Prepare to bake
Spoon the dough over baked peaches.
Step 8: Bake and enjoy
Place back into the oven and bake for 35-40 min, until nicely browned.
- Bake the peach cobbler in individual ramekins to make a tasty intimate dessert for a party.
- Use ripe peaches, especially during peach season. It’s best to make fruit desserts when they’re in their top season!
While fresh peaches are ideal, you can use canned or frozen peaches if fresh ones aren’t available. Just adjust the sugar accordingly.
Yes, you can substitute gluten-free flour and oat flour for their regular counterparts to make a gluten-free version.
Peach cobbler is perfect to have as a dessert with tea and a scoop of ice cream on top!
Enjoy these sweet treats:
The Simple and Delicate Puff Pastry Cones with Cream (Cream Horns) is soft, airy, and tasty too!
You’ll love the Classic Eclair Recipe with Cream and Chocolate Glaze. It’s a classic dessert that’s also easy to make.
Other Peach Recipes to Try
If you tried this Homemade Peach Cobbler or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Make a Peach Cobbler at Home from Scratch
- 1⅓ lb peaches, 4-5 peaches
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, (add more if your peaches are not very sweet)
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp butter, 85g, melted
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup flour, (or gluten-free flour blend)
- ½ cup oat flour, (or more regular flour, oat flour gives it a bit of a nutty taste)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash and slice the peaches.1⅓ lb peaches,
- Place sliced peaches into a bowl, add brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Toss gently.2 Tbsp brown sugar,, 1 Tbsp corn starch, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp cinnamon
- Place peaches into 11×7 inches baking dish, bake for 15 min.
- To prepare the dough, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.1 cup flour,, ⅓ cup sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 pinch salt, ½ cup oat flour,
- Stir in melted butter and yogurt, just until combined.6 Tbsp butter,, ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- Spoon the dough over baked peaches.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 35-40 min, until nicely browned.