Make a Peach Cobbler at Home from Scratch
This peach cobbler has all the right notes and hits all the right spots. Whether you choose to use fresh peaches or canned, you’ll absolutely love this crispy, gooey, delicious dessert.
There aren’t many things in life better than cobbler. Am I right? A Peach Cobbler.
Table of Contents
Here are just some of the reasons why cobblers go down as one of the best desserts in my book:
Texture. I love foods that can get me a variety of textures with every spoonful. And cobblers do a great job at offering you some amazing textures – a crispy top, and a soft, juicy inside. Add a scoop of ice cream and you’ve got a bonus silky, creamy texture too!
Perfectly Balanced. Tangy. Sweet. Spiced. Buttered. Salted. It’s a beautiful harmony of flavors that just work.
Serve for the masses. If you’re cooking up an intimate dinner with a cobbler to enjoy for dessert, you can totally bake it in individual ramekins. Hosting a big dinner party? Make it in a large casserole dish. Make as much or as little as you need.
Restaurant Quality Without The Effort. Cobblers aren’t difficult to make. In fact, it’s quite easy to whip up a delicious peach cobbler.
All you need to do is:
- Cook your peaches alongside sugar and a hint of lemon.
- Separately combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Gradually stir in milk.
- Put it all together:
- A layer of butter cubes
- A generous helping of cinnamon
Although summer is peach season, this is a dessert you can enjoy all year round. Cozy up to a warm bowl of peach cobbler using canned peaches!
Enjoy these other great recipes, too:
This Classic Shepherds Pie Recipe with Ground Lamb has fluffy mashed potatoes and hidden vegetables!
Tender Breaded Chicken in the Oven on Skewers can be cooked ahead of time for busy lunches!
Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 1⅓ lb peaches, 4-5 peaches
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, (add more if your peaches are not very sweet)
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp butter, 85g, melted
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup flour, (or gluten-free flour blend)
- ½ cup oat flour, (or more regular flour, oat flour gives it a bit of a nutty taste)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash and slice the peaches.1⅓ lb peaches,
- Place sliced peaches into a bowl, add brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Toss gently.2 Tbsp brown sugar,, 1 Tbsp corn starch, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp cinnamon
- Place peaches into 11×7 inches baking dish, bake for 15 min.
- To prepare the dough, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.1 cup flour,, ⅓ cup sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 pinch salt, ½ cup oat flour,
- Stir in melted butter and yogurt, just until combined.6 Tbsp butter,, ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- Spoon the dough over baked peaches.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 35-40 min, until nicely browned.