You can store a chocolate tart in the fridge for up to 3 days after first making it. A cooled tart shell can be made 2 days in advance before making the rich chocolate filling.
You can decorate a chocolate tart with fresh raspberries, chocolate shavings, or even crushed Oreo cookies. It may not be a chocolate cream pie, but you can even put whipped cream on top.
After baking the crust in the oven for about 12 minutes, take it out and let it cool for 10 minutes before pouring in the chocolate filling.
Yes, because this tart needs to be set in the fridge for at least an hour, you can make it a day ahead.
Yes, chocolate can be considered vegan! It is made form cacao beans, which grow on trees – making it a plant-based food. While this recipe isn’t vegan, you can use vegan chocolate.
Finally, a rich, creamy Chocolate Tart anyone can enjoy! Not only is it gluten-free and dairy-free, but also it can be done sugar-free too and still be so sweet and delicious.
Table of Contents
This French chocolate tart is decadent dessert heaven!
A chocolate tart is the dessert of dreams. Chocolate lovers, unite! The perfect chocolate tart has arrived. No need for dairy, animal products, or a difficult to follow recipe. This tart recipe is a great option for any dessert, whether or not its valentine’s day. Delicious chocolate ganache flavors in the tastiest tart shell with a little crunch is the perfect easy bake dessert!
For a long time I’ve been wanting to share this easy chocolate tart recipe with you all. The chocolate crust is made up of simple ingredients and the rich chocolate tart filling makes a very delicious dessert. You won’t know what hit you when you take a bite of this tasty chocolate tart! It’s perfect for a dinner party. With easy step-by-step instructions, you’ll have the best dessert ready in no time. It’s great to serve with fresh berries and chocolate shavings on top.
For a long time I’ve been wanting to share this easy chocolate tart recipe with you all. The chocolate crust made of simple ingredients and the rich chocolate tart filling makes a very delicious dessert. You won’t know what’ll hit you when you take a bite of this best chocolate tart.. You can replace the butter with a vegan option to make this a fully vegan chocolate tart!
Ingredients You Need to Make a Chocolate Tart Crust
For a gluten-free, flourless chocolate tart, you will need almond flour, oat flour, cacao powder, unsalted butter, and maple syrup with a pinch of sea salt. I use cacao powder for a healthier, sugar-free, and plant-based version. You can also switch out for the cocoa powder.
How Do You Make a Chocolate Tart Filling?
For a healthy, sweet, rich, and creamy, luxurious chocolate filling, you will need just three ingredients, plus a pinch of salt.
Dates: pitted, submerged in boiled water for 5 minutes.
Chocolate: use any chocolate you like. For a sugar-free option, I use Lakanto, it is Sugar-free and vegan made from monkfruit. Another chocolate option I use is chocolate bars that are 75% or more.
Milk: Full-fat coconut milk.
You can make these sweet dessert recipes the whole family will enjoy:
Simple Crunchy Recipe for Almond Cookies are crisp, easy to bake, and make the perfect treat!
Spiced Honey Roasted Pears can be made in 30 minutes and just melt in your mouth with their delicious autumn flavors.
Creamy Chocolate Tart
- 1 tart pan
- 1 bowl
- 1 mixing spoon
- measuring spoons
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat 13.5oz
- 2 chocolate bars, dark chocolate or any you like
- 1 cup dates, pitted packed, 200g
- pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees . Prepare the 9-inch tart pan by placing 2 stripes of baking paper crosswise, this way you will easily remove the cake from the pan after it's done.
- Mix all crust ingredients in a medium bowl.¼ cup almond flour, ¼ cup oat flour, 3 Tbsp cacao powder, 3 Tbsp unsalted butter,, 2 Tbsp maple syrup, ¼ tsp salt
- With your fingers press the mixture into the tart pan. Use a fork to puncture the bottom.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes. Remove and cool for about 10 min.
- To make the filling, place the dates in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. let stand for 5 minutes, then drain in a colander.1 cup dates,
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to simmer over low heat. Place a bowl on top of the pot. Place chocolate in the bowl and allow the steam to heat the bowl and melt the chocolate, stirring to make the process quicker.2 chocolate bars,
- Now combine drained dates, coconut milk and melted chocolate in a blender, along with a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.1 can coconut milk,, 2 chocolate bars,, 1 cup dates,, pinch salt
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for about 4 hours, until the filling sets.