Coffee Cupcakes with Simple Coffee Buttercream Frosting
These coffee cupcakes are exceptionally moist and so rich in flavor. With the perfect amount of espresso, these are every bit the ideal recipe.
Oh hello Friday pick me up. I didn’t imagine you being so beautiful. Topped with your sweet, creamy, chocolatey coffee buttercream – you have no business looking this good.
Yes, I’m talking to these coffee cupcakes. Irresistibly delicious goodies will make you do crazy things. And these bad boys are beyond irresistibly delicious. If that’s even possible.
I was getting tired of the same old chocolate/vanilla cupcakes. I wanted cupcakes that gave me more than just average flavor. And as I was sipping on my coffee, it hit me.
Coffee flavored cupcakes.
Yes, Marina! Why didn’t you think of this before?
I don’t know and I’m still kicking myself for it. But I made them. Over and over. Until I perfected them. And now they’re one of my favorites.
You’ll know exactly what I’m talking about once you make these. They are absolutely divine! They’re the perfect coffeehouse treat, at home. They’re delicious all on their own but if you want to take it up a notch, or twenty, swirl on some coffee buttercream. Oh. My. Goodness. It will be caffeine heaven in your mouth. And I bet you could use that after a really long week. Oh, you’re welcome.
I love the buttercream so much! I could seriously eat a whole bowl of it. Because this buttercream isn’t just plain jane coffee flavor. Nope. I added cocoa and chocolate chips to it too. Mmmm.
Whether it’s the chocolate that pulls you in or the coffee, these cupcakes will not disappoint! Let me know in the comments how you liked them!
Table of Contents
What do I need to make this recipe?
- unsalted butter
- baking soda
- baking powder
- vanilla yogurt
Easy desserts are the best to make, so enjoy these other recipes from the blog:
Here you have it: The Only Easy Crepes Recipe You Will Ever Need!
These Easy Sour Cherries in Light Syrup only require 3 ingredients to make!
Coffee Cupcakes with Simple Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- Muffin pans
- hand mixer `
- Piping bag with tip
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 ml espresso
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 150 ml vanilla yogurt
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp coffee
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1 cup of sugar.2½ cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 cup sugar
- In a separate bowl, mix together 150 ml of yogurt and 1 egg.150 ml vanilla yogurt, 1 large egg
- Melt 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, in the microwave or over the stove in a pan.⅓ cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare your muffin sheets (you will need 2).
- Add the dry ingredients with the liquid ingredients. Combine well together.
- Add in the 100 ml of coffee. Mix all well.100 ml espresso
- Put the batter into the cupcake paper holders in the muffin pan.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake the cupcakes for 12-15 minutes.
- Cream: Beat 2 sticks of unsalted butter (1 cup) softened. (Until smooth, with no clumps.)4 sticks unsalted butter
- Add in 1/2 cup of cocoa and 1 cup of powdered sugar.1 cup cocoa, 2 cups powdered sugar
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips in microwave or in pan, add to the butter mix.½ cup chocolate chips
- On low speed, beat in 1 teaspoon of dry coffee (fined). Cream will be smooth.2 tsp coffee
- Put the cream on the cupcakes using a cream pastry bag.