Refrigerated, this honey cake lasts for up to 4 days.
This amazing honey cake tastes like a sweet treat! It’s rich in notes of dulce de leche and sweet honey
Store honey cake in the refrigerator loosely covered in plastic wrap. It’ll keep for up to 4 days.
Moist, decadent, and rich, this honey cake is full of delicious honey flavor. It makes the perfect addition to any party table!
If you’re getting tired of the same old taste of traditional cake, I’ve got something especially for you. It’s a cake that is extraordinary. A cake that goes beyond the plain old vanilla flavor.
It’s my simple honey cake.
Don’t let the name fool you, though! It’s simple to make, yes, but it tastes extravagant. Especially for those special holiday parties.
It all starts with the perfect cake base.
My cake batter consists of eggs, sugar, flour, baking soda, and lemon juice.
Of course, honey as well. You can use any kind of honey here. If you want the classic honey taste, go with Acacia or Clover honey. Looking for something a bit richer? Blackberry honey would work well. Or, use whatever you have at home!
Once you’ve got the batter down, it’s time to move on to the cream.
This cream is luscious, smooth, and ridiculously addicting. Consider yourself warned. It really is one of my absolute favorite cream recipes. It includes:
A stick of butter – for that silky texture and a buttery flavor
A can of dulce de leche – here’s my homemade version
Whipping cream – to bring everything together and give the cream its final consistency
Traditionally, a Russian honey cake is made with several layers. And I mean several. Which, can be quite time-consuming. I’ve cut the time down by making 4 thin layers instead – without sacrificing the taste, of course. Hence, the title I’ve given this delicious cake: a simple honey cake.
I’m so excited for you to try this at home. The upcoming holiday season is the perfect excuse to indulge, too! Enjoy!
Enjoy these other honey recipes:
This Fruit Salad Recipe with Sweet Ginger Lime Dressing is a delicious treat for anyone who likes fruits!
I like to make this Russian Layered Honey Cake (Medovik) for any occasion.
Simple Honey Cake with Cream and Dulce de Leche
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1½ cups flour
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz whipping cream
- 1 can dulce de leche, prepared ahead of time
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar, for sugar water
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare the dulce de leche.1 can dulce de leche,
- Beat the whipping cream in a bowl with sugar until it gets stiff peaks. Transfer to the fridge until ready to use.8 oz whipping cream
- For the cake: Beat together 3 large eggs and 1 cup of sugar in a hand or stand mixer.3 large eggs, 1 cup sugar
- Add to the mixing bowl 2 Tbsp honey.3 Tbsp honey
- In a separate shallow bowl or plate, mix 1 teaspoon baking soda and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Once it has started to foam up, add to the mixing bowl.1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp lemon juice
- On the lowest speed, mix in 1½ cups of flour and mix well together.1½ cups flour
- Butter your cake pans and spread a thin layer of batter.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- For the cream:In a mixing bowl beat 8 Tablespoons softened unsalted butter. Add in dulce de leche and combine well together.8 Tbsp unsalted butter,, 1 can dulce de leche,
- Add in already whipped cream to the dulce de leche mixture and beat well.8 oz whipping cream
- Take a small bowl or shallow plate. Mix 1 teaspoon of sugar and a cup of water.1 tsp sugar,, 1 cup water
- Soak the first layer of cake with the sugar water. It will make your cake moist. Spread cream over the layer and top with another cake layer.
- Continue soaking each layer with sugar water and spreading cream until finished.
- Spread cream all around the cake.
- Chop pecans and sprinkle over the cake.½ cup pecans,
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.