Refrigerated, this honey cake lasts for up to four days.
This amazing honey cake tastes like a sweet treat! It’s rich in notes of dulce de leche and sweet honey.
Store honey cake in the refrigerator loosely covered in plastic wrap. It’ll keep for up to 4 days.
Simple Honey Cake with Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 can dulce de leche, cooked
- The dough is made on a double boiler. Pour water into a pot, bring it to a boil and place a non-melting medium bowl on top.
- For the next step, place butter in the bowl and let it melt completely. Add sugar and honey and mix well until you have a smooth consistency.
- Lightly beat the eggs with baking powder in a separate bowl and slowly add the mixture into the batter. Continue to mix the batter while adding the mixture.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes until the batter becomes fluffy and changes the color to light yellow.
- Add 2 cups of flour to the batter and continue mixing for 5 minutes. It will be sticky.
- Take it off the double boiler and let it cool for 2 minutes. On the counter, add flour and shape it into a ball.
- Heat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each one out with a rolling pin into a circular shape.
- If sticky, add more flour. Bake each thin layer for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cut out a perfect circle by placing a plate over the top and tracing with a knife. This will make them all equal in size. You can also do this step before you make it.
- Save the outside of the circle pieces for decorating the cake later.
- Beat the softened butter at high speed with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add cooked condensed milk (dulce de leche) and continue mixing on medium speed until well combined.
- Spread a generous layer of cream on each layer and place one on top of the other.
- For decorating: Shred leftover cake pieces in a food processor and sprinkle them over the top of the cake and on the sides.
- For best results, let the cake stand for a few hours before serving.