Honey Pecan Cake is my to-go cake. This is the cake I usually make when I don’t have much time to prepare a dessert. I like this cake for the wonderful moist cake with a sweet 2 ingredient cream, and I love cakes with nuts; especially pecans! Do you?
The cream for this cake is made of only two ingredients: dulce de leche and butter. A quick mix (and probably a spoonful to taste, too), and you’ve got yourself the easiest cream that you’ve ever made.
Honey Pecan cake is a very simple cake to make, so give it a try. Pecans are very nutritious nuts, since they are filled with protein and potassium.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this cake:
- baking soda
- lemon juice
Here’s what you’ll need to make the cream:
- unsalted butter
- dulce de leche
Directions on How to Make the Moistest Honey Pecan Cake
Easy Sweet and Moist Honey Pecan Cake Recipe
- cutting board
- Stand mixer
- small bowl
- Cake spatula
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 can dulce de leche
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup water
- For the cake:Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9" cake pan by greasing it.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, beat together 4 eggs and 1 cup of sugar for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of honey.
- In a separate small cup, combine 1 teaspoon lemon juice and ½ teaspoon baking soda. It will start to foam right away. Add it to the cake mix.
- On low speed, add in 1 cup on flour.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- For the cream:Prepare a can on dulce de leche by boiling the can on medium heat in a pot for exactly 2 hours. Let it cool before adding it to the recipe.
- Combine dulce de leche and 1 cup softened unsalted butter in a small bowl.
- Putting the cake together:Chop 1 cup of pecans.
- Slice the cake in half, horizontally.
- Moisten the cake by combining the 1 teaspoon of sugar and ¾ cup of water. Generously pour the liquid with a teaspoon on both insides of the cake.
- Spread half of the cream on one side of the cake and then place the other slice on top.
- Cover the cake with the cream and sprinkle the chopped pecans of the cream.