Pumpkin Muffins with Sweet Vanilla Glaze are perfect for autumn mornings as you’re sipping a coffee and taking in the crisp air! The fall seasonings of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove will thrill your tastebuds while the spicy aroma fills your kitchen. Enjoy these fluffy and soft muffins along with their sweet vanilla drizzle.
Table of Contents
Why I Love These Pumpkin Muffins
As soon as the cool breeze begins, it’s time to make these scrumptious pumpkin muffins! It’s human nature to gravitate towards warm baked goods when the weather gets chillier, and the seasonal spices in these muffins are sure to warm you from within!
They’re fluffy and soft muffins with a rich pumpkin flavor – my favorite flavor during this time of year! I’m always making this recipe in rotation with Pumpkin Cake Roll with Ricotta Cream and my favorite Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. My favorite flavor pairing with pumpkin just happens to be vanilla, so I just had to develop this recipe with the added benefit of a sweet creamy vanilla drizzle.
Make your pumpkin muffins to enjoy as a breakfast treat as you (or your kids) are running out the door, or pack them up with a thermos of coffee, cocoa, or cider, and head to the pumpkin patch for a day of fall fun!
No matter the occasion, these pumpkin muffins please with every bite!
Key Ingredients for Making Pumpkin Muffins
These muffins are super easy to make, and they only require basic ingredients that are most likely in your kitchen already.
- Pumpkin Puree Mix: This used to be available seasonally, but now it can be found in the baking aisle year-round. Thank goodness!
- Oil: I used organic extra virgin olive oil, but you can also use a different light oil if that’s your preference.
- Sugar: For a bit of sweetness to complement the spices.
- Eggs: Make sure they are a large size!
- Baking powder and baking soda: For baking reasons.
- Flour: Unbleached, please.
- Salt: Just a tiny bit!
- Spices: You’ll need the flavoring powerhouses that are cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
The Best 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffin Glaze
Let’s talk about this vanilla-flavored glaze that is making me drool just by looking at the pictures! You need three ingredients and the ability to stir. Seriously, no mixer required! All you need is powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix it up, and you got yourself some finger-licking glaze.
Step By Step Instructions to Make Pumpkin Muffins with Glaze
Preheat and Prep
Preheat your oven to 350 F and then prepare the muffin form, either by greasing your tins, or adding muffin liners.
Step 1: Combine Wet Ingredients with Sugar
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, oil, sugar, and eggs. Mix or beat your mixture until it’s completely smooth.
Step 2: Combine Dry Ingredients
In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and flour.
Step 3: Combine Both Mixtures
Incorporate the dry ingredients with the liquid ingredients until they’re just combined into one mixture.
Step 4: Put Batter in Pan
Using a small ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into your muffin pan. Make sure it’s not filled to the brim because the muffins will rise.
Step 5: Bake
Bake the muffins at 350F for 15 minutes (for the mini-muffin size).
Step 6: Start Glaze (Optional)
Mix together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
Then drizzle the glaze on the baked muffins.
If your muffins are too dense, you might’ve added too much baking soda or baking powder by accident!
Yes, puree and canned pumpkin are the same things, but they’re often marketed differently and puree tends to be targeted toward bakers.
Room temperature ingredients are essential in this regard! When baking, eggs, butter, and milk should always be at room temperature if possible. That’ll allow your baked goods to be their fluffiest and most enjoyable.
Additional Autumn Recipes To Try
- This Baked Warm Fruit Salad With Chocolate Coconut and Almonds is going to be your new favorite!
- Check out this Homemade Comfort Pea Soup with Croutons for the ultimate fall soup!
- Apple Cake is such a simple and delicious dessert!
- If you have gluten sensitivity, no worries – try this Gluten-Free Apple Crisp!
More Tasty Pumpkin Puree Recipes
If you tried this Pumpkin Muffins with a Sweet Vanilla Glaze or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Pumpkin Muffins with a Sweet Vanilla Glaze
- muffin pan
- Ice cream scoop
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup oil, I used organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare muffin forms.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine pumpkin puree, oil, sugar, and eggs. Mix or beat with a mixer until smooth.1 cup pumpkin puree, ½ cup oil,, 1½ cup sugar, 2 large eggs
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and flour.½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp ground cloves, 1¾ cups flour
- Incorporate the dry ingredients with the liquid ingredients.
- Into a muffin pan (grease if needed) using a small ice cream scoop spoon put the batter in.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. (This is for mini-muffin size.)
For the Glaze (optional):
- Mix together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Drizzle on muffins. Enjoy!1 cup powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla