I don’t know about you, but sometimes I miss childhood where we ate anything at all and never worried about what it will do to our bodies. Nourishing our bodies and keeping them healthy wasn’t a concern and the freedom we had in eating just about anything was vast.
While those days might have felt simpler, I’m glad I know more now and can make healthier choices and teach my kids about them, too! For example: these Homemade Healthy Rice Crispy Treats. They aren’t filled with high fructose corn syrup, “natural flavors”, or other ingredients that may be hard to pronounce or identify. My kids enjoy these treats just the same.
These rice crispy treats are made with 6 ingredients:
- coconut oil
- brown rice syrup
- creamy cashew butter
- vanilla extract
- crispy brown rice cereal
How to Make an Easier Healthy Rice Crispy Treats
Treat Yourself to a Easy Healthy Version of Rice Crispy Treats
- Large pot
- 9x13 inch glass pan
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 1 cup brown rice syrup, Lundberg brand is great
- ¾ - 1 cup creamy cashew butter, or almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add the brown rice syrup and nut butter and heat until smooth and slightly bubbly, then turn off heat and add the vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add crispy rice cereal and salt to the pot and mix well.
- Add crispy rice mixture to a lightly greased 9X13 inch glass pan.
- Press flat with hands, using a little water on your hands if needed to avoid the stickiness.
- Allow rice crispy treats to cool completely before serving (2+ hours).