A bowl of Matcha Oatmeal can keep you energized all day long! With flavors of tasty matcha and classic oatmeal, this easy combination recipe is a quick favorite.
This Matcha Oatmeal Recipe takes a favorite breakfast dish and gives it a unique and classy twist. Enjoy the earthy flavors of matcha and sweet notes of maple syrup. Sweet fruits on top pair perfectly with the crunchy almonds and keep you full with their fiber.
Rolled oats are the star of the show in this recipe, providing a hearty and filling base for the dish. They are a great source of fiber, protein, and essential nutrients like iron and magnesium. The comforting flavors of rolled oats perfectly combine with the sweet fruits and matcha in this delicious breakfast recipe.
Table of Contents
Rolled oats: hearty and nutritious, rolled oats provide the base for this tasty breakfast dish.
Milk: adds creaminess and richness to the oatmeal. You can use any type of milk you prefer, such as cow’s milk or plant-based milk.
Water: helps to cook the oats and create the desired texture.
Matcha powder: the star of the show, matcha powder adds a unique flavor and plenty of health benefits to the dish.
Maple syrup: a natural sweetener that complements the flavors of the other wholesome ingredients.
Kiwis: adds a bright and tangy flavor, as well as a boost of vitamin C.
Berries: provides natural sweetness and a pop of color. Any type of berries will work, such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
Sliced almonds: adds crunch and a nutty flavor to this easy breakfast.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to Make an Easy Matcha Oatmeal Recipe
Step 1: Make the milk and matcha
Mix water, milk, and maple syrup in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add matcha powder and mix well.
Step 2: Add in the oats
Pour in the oats, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until the oats are soft. Cover with a lid and let it rest for two minutes.
Step 3: Add toppings
Serve with sliced kiwi, berries, and sliced almonds.
- To get the most nutritional benefits from matcha powder, choose a high-quality brand, usually labeled ceremonial grade matcha.
- Using seasonal and fresh fruits is best for this recipe, and you can make it year-round.
- For a boost of protein and healthy fats, add a spoonful of nut butter or some chia seeds to the oatmeal before serving.
Absolutely! Any type of milk will work well in this recipe, so feel free to use your favorite variety.
Yes, you can make a large batch of matcha oatmeal and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.
Here are some more great green recipes to try out:
It’s always a good idea to make a Simple and Quick Green Juice Mojito Recipe on a warm, sunny day!
Perfect for a morning caffeine boost, a 5-minute Homemade Matcha Latte saves you money at the coffee shop drive-through.
Other Tasty Breakfast Recipes to Try
If you tried this Easy Matcha Oatmeal or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Easy Matcha Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 kiwis
- 1 handful berries
- 1 handful almonds, sliced
- Mix water, milk, and maple syrup in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add matcha powder and mix well.1 cup milk, 1 cup water, 2 Tbsp maple syrup, 2 tsp matcha powder
- Pour in the oats, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until the oats are soft. Cover with a lid and let it rest for two minutes.1 cup rolled oats
- Serve with sliced kiwi, berries, and sliced almonds.2 kiwis, 1 handful berries, 1 handful almonds, sliced