Easy Recipe for an Avocado Chickpea Salad
- cutting board
- citrus squeezer
- ½ large red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 handful fresh parsley, or cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- Chop 1/2 of a large red pepper. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Add to the bowl 2 cups of cooked chickpeas. If you have the time to soak and cook fresh chickpeas, they are so much better.
- Chop 1 large or two small avocado coarsely. Add to the chickpeas and red pepper.
- Add minced garlic, chopped tomato, and juice from one lemon.
- Mix well together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salad right away, avocado can’t stand for too long after it has been opened.