In just 30 minutes you’ll be enjoying a smooth and salty cream cheese mixture encased in the satisfying crunch of a mini bell pepper! This cream cheese stuffed peppers appetizer combines simple ingredients to create an all-time favorite game-day snack!
Table of Contents
Why I Love These Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
It doesn’t get much better than veggies with a savory cream cheese filling! I even tucked some turkey bacon into the filling and it’s such a fun (and delicious!) surprise. I’ve served this appetizer on Christmas, at baby showers, and for the Super Bowl, and everyone loves it!
Veggie appetizers are the perfect addition to your party because they are a great way to incorporate some nutrition where there usually isn’t much. I make these stuffed peppers and roasted zucchini fries all the time and with the way they fly off the plate, you’d never know they were vegetables.
Sweet mini peppers are the perfect vessel for this appetizer that’s filled with bacon-infused cream cheese, hot sauce, and a sprinkle of green onions! This simple recipe can be put together beforehand, baked, then served right out of the oven within 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- Mini Bell Peppers – Classic base for this easy appetizer. They’re rich in vitamin C and can help to lower blood pressure. I don’t get picky about the kind of peppers used in this recipe, but of course, I recommend mini-sweet peppers. They’re the perfect size for a simple appetizer.
- Cream Cheese – For the creamy portion of this recipe! I find the regular Philadelphia cream cheese works best. I don’t like to use herb cream cheese since it already has its own flavors.
- Hot Sauce – Adds in the kick of spice. You’ll need about 1 Tablespoon, but of course, if you like it spicy, go ahead and put in as much as you’d like.
- Sour Cream – Combines with the cream cheese to add creaminess. You’ll only need about 1/4 cup of it.
- Fresh Garlic – delicious and great for boosting immune system function. While garlic powder may be an option for this recipe, I recommend adding in the real deal for the best flavor.
- Turkey Bacon – this may surprise you, but it goes very well with the cream cheese and hot sauce in this tasty recipe.
- Green Onions – Chopped up for the topping sprinkle on these mini sweet peppers.
- Cheddar Cheese – You could also use Monterey jack cheese for an extra, extra kick.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to Make Stuffed Bell Peppers
Step 1: Preheat
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Make Cream Cheese Mixture
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the hot sauce, sour cream, minced garlic cloves, chopped (cooked) turkey bacon, and green onion with the cream cheese.
Step 3: Fill Peppers
Fill the bell peppers with the cream cheese mixture.
Step 4: Sprinkle Cheese
Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each half of bell pepper.
Step 5: Bake
Bake your bell peppers for 20 minutes. Allow them to cool and then enjoy this yummy appetizer!
Yes, bell peppers are a very healthy vegetable! I personally love to eat bell peppers because on top of the standard health benefits that come from being a vegetable, they boost the immune system. The immune boost mainly comes from the large amount of Vitamin C, but there is the most vitamin C in the red peppers. A lack of vitamin C in the body is called vitamin C deficiency and the symptoms include fatigue, muscle weakness, bleeding gums, and joint and muscle aches. A severe deficiency could lead to a rare disease, scurvy. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), men are recommended 90mg of vitamin C per day, and for women, 75mg per day. One serving of this recipe already provides you with 127% of your daily recommended value for vitamin C! Enjoy!
You can enjoy this stuffed bell pepper appetizer with nearly anything you’d like. I would recommend eating them as a part of a smorgasbord of other apps (like the ones I’ve listed below), but if you want to make them a meal then you can eat them alongside something like this Chicken Skewer Salad or Chickpea Veggie Buddha Bowl. They’d also be a good side for a burger or sandwich.
You can eat these stuffed peppers hot or cold! They’re baked at the end of the recipe and I love them fresh out of the oven, but if you have to throw them in the fridge for a little bit and enjoy them the next day they’re also a yummy snack when cold.
You can store these peppers in an air-tight container in the fridge for about three days. However, I do recommend you enjoy them fresh.
More Appetizers To Try
- Easy Cheesy Bruschetta Chicken Bake with Tomatoes
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings with Greek Yogurt Dip
- Baked Carrot and Cheese Crostini Appetizer Melt
- Creamy, Crispy and Cheesy Baked Stuffed Mushroom Bites
- Simple Deviled Eggs with a Recipe Video
More Bell Pepper Recipes
If you tried this Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Appetizer or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Appetizer
- 14 mini bell peppers, sliced in half
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce, sriracha
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 slices turkey bacon, rendered and chopped
- green onion, chopped, +1 stem for garnish
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
Mix together hot sauce, sour cream, minced garlic cloves, chopped turkey bacon, and green onion with cream cheese.1 Tbsp hot sauce,, ¼ cup sour cream, 2 cloves garlic,, 3 slices turkey bacon,, green onion,, 8 oz cream cheese,
Slice the mini bell peppers in half, horizontal.
Fill in the cream cheese mix into the bell peppers through the inside and smooth flat on top.14 mini bell peppers,
Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each half.½ cup cheddar cheese,
Bake for 20 minutes. After cooled, enjoy this yummy appetizer!
- Add hot sauce to your taste, you can even leave it out if you want to.