Easy Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Appetizer
Easy and cheesy, these stuffed peppers just fly off of the table when I serve them. This tasty appetizer will definitely be a hit!
There are some days on which you just need a break from all the cooking and meat dishes. Here is a quick-to-make cheesy stuffed pepper and appetizer that you can enjoy for lunch, snack, or even dinner. There’s nothing complicated in this recipe, and it’s packed with nutrition.
Bell peppers are packed with Vitamin C, much more than oranges. Mushrooms are one of the best choices to get vitamin D into your diet, especially if you don’t live in sunny areas. Bell peppers stuffed with a tasty mushroom mixture, covered with cheese, and baked to perfection in just under five minutes.
Table of Contents
Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers are made with ingredients you can find year- round.
Oil: I use extra-virgin olive oil, but feel free to use your favorite.
Mushrooms: People have been eating mushrooms for thousands of years. There are countless varieties, some can only be found in the forest, and others are common ones found at your local grocery store. For this recipe, you don’t need to go into the forest, because the best mushrooms to use here are Button white, Cremini, or Shiitake.
Bell peppers: Red, yellow or orange.
Provolone cheese: You could also substitute for another cheese, like cheddar or mozzarella, but the taste will be slightly different.
Season with salt and pepper.
I love recipes with fresh produce! Enjoy these recommendations:
This Clean Eating Avocado Caprese Salad is a great take on the classic caprese salad!
You can learn How to Make a Quick Greek Salad right at home!
Mushroom Stuffed Peppers Appetizer
- Oven-safe dish
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced in three parts
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Add in 1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Chop 1/2 yellow onion. Add to mushrooms. Sauté until the onions are soft.
- Wash and slice 3 bell peppers into 3 parts. Lay them out on an oven pan.
- Spoon mushroom and onion mix into sliced bell peppers.
- Cut 6 provolone cheese in half and place on top of the mushroom mix.
- Bake until the cheese is completely melted, 4-5 minutes.
- *I also broiled it for a minute to get more of the golden color. (optional)