These single bite size mushrooms are a must for your next party, pot-lock or game day. Little bite size foods are always a hit, especially when it’s crispy, cheesy and delicious. Just like my other recipe of stuffed mushroom these are also cheesy and creamy, with a different additional tasty flavors.
Bite size mushrooms are stuffed with plenty of cheese, herbs, veggies, breadcrumbs, and full of flavor. They make for simple side dish or appetizer.
Can Stuffed Mushrooms be Made Ahead?
Yes, it’s a great idea to stuff them ahead of time and bake them off when you’re ready. Make them ahead of time and pop them in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Ingredients for Crispy Bite Size Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms: Large button ones, baby bells or white ones work great.
Veggies: onion, bell pepper, spinach
Dairy: cream cheese, parmesan cheese
Spices: Italian seasoning, Salt and black pepper
Crispy: breadcrumbs, for Gluten-free version you can use almond flour
Oil: extra virgin olive oil
How to make Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
Creamy, Crispy and Cheesy Baked Stuffed Mushroom Bites
- baking sheet
- Small skillet (pan)
- mixing spoons
- cutting board
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 1 lbs large mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Cook sliced onion and minced garlic for 2 min.
- Add chopped bell pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add spinach, cook for 1 min, or until spinach has wilted.
- Remove from heat and add cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add ⅓ cup breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and stir again.
- Wash the mushrooms, remove the stems and trim the edges. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Stuff with the filling.
- Mix 1 tbsp breadcrumbs with ¼ cup of grated parmesan and ½ tsp Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 20-25 min, mushrooms should be cooked and the tops golden brown.