Soup gives a comforting feeling of home, and is not heavy on the stomach. This lamb soup with herbs can be made in only one pot!
When I get home from a trip I usually make soup, like this one-pot healthy soup lamb and herbs or others that you could find here. Soups are especially great after traveling in the winter. December is one of our busiest time of year, and not because of the holidays (that too), but we somehow managed to crammed in our wedding 13 years ago, just a week from Christmas day. And a week after Christmas it’s new years, but before we take out the fireworks and welcome the new year, we squeeze in my husband’s birthday which just happens to be new years eve.
Last year, we ended up taking a business trip to New York, which lasted for four days and the following day we had a birthday/new years party at our house. O I hope you followed all that, and boy am I glad that all that celebring is over.
After all the parties and all the food, all I really needed was a bowl of fresh healthy soup (and some sleep).
All in one-pot healthy soup?
You bet-cha! No need for all extra pots and pans to make this lamb soup. It’s pretty much putting one thing after the next, and simmering for few hours, while you do all of your other tasks. We personally enjoy this healthy soup as a soup, but you could also add it on on mashed potatoes, rice, or quinoa, like a hearty meat gravy.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Lamb chops are rich in vitamin B and are very rich in protein.
Onion helps to reduce cholesterol levels and help to reduce blood pressure.
Carrot is rich in vitamin A and have antioxidants.
Red bell peppers are packed with vitamin C and potassium.
Spices like dill, parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, and tarragon.
Along with those ingredients, you will need olive oil, sea salt, ground black pepper, a bay leaf, water, and tomato paste.
Here are some more tasty soup recipes you’ll love:
An Easy Homemade Classic Chicken Noodle Soup with Potatoes is a family favorite!
This Homemade Comfort Pea Soup with Croutons is a cozy classic.
One Pot Healthy Soup with Lamb and Herbs
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 10 lamb chops
- ½ Tbsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- ½ Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 stems dill, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 stems parsley, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 stems rosemary, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 stem thyme, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 stems sage, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 stem oregano, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 stems tarragon, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 6 cups water, boiled
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- In a large pot over medium heat add 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Sauté the onions until they are transparent (about 5 minutes.) Add in the carrot and red bell pepper, then sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the vegetables onto a plate.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add in the lamb chops. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides and be sure to brown them up on all sides.
- Turn heat to medium and add in the bay leaf along with all of the chopped herbs.
- Add 6 cups of boiled water and stir in the tomato paste.
- Add the vegetables back in and salt the soup to taste.
- Turn heat down to lowest, put the lid on, and simmer for 4 hours.