How to Make Creamy Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3½ cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 liter vegetable broth, (4 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese, mozzarella or cheddar
- In a medium size soup pot, melt 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter. To the butter add 1 chopped onion, 1 sliced carrot, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Add in 3 Tablespoons of flour, cook for another minute and pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- To the pot add in 3 1/2 cups of cut broccoli heads. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the broccoli becomes soft.
- After broccoli has softened, pour in 1 cup of milk and add in 1 cup of shredded cheese. ( I used both mozzarella and cheddar)
- Cook until the cheese completely melts, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!