Vinaigrette or Vinegret salad is a traditional Russian beet salad made with a load of vegetables, making it naturally vegan. Vinegret salad has too many health benefits to name that are in this beet salad. What makes the colors of this delicious salad is the powerful burgundy beet root.
Table of Contents
What makes this Russian Vinaigrette so nutritious?
Beets are high in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and magnesium, all which are a big benefit to your bones, liver, and kidneys. Another ingredient in this version of vinegret is the sauerkraut. Sauerkraut gives a tangy taste to the salad, and a huge benefit to your body. It is great for your digestive health, strength to your bones, reduces cholesterol levels, eliminates inflammation and can even protect against certain cancer. Russian Vinegret will make a great addition to your upcoming holiday parties.
This Russian Vinaigrette Recipe comes way back from my grandma’s grandmother. Depending what part you live in Russia, or lived back in the Soviet Union, this salad is made a tad differently. The root ingredients however, always stay the same, such as beets, potato, and mixed with oil and salt to taste. Otherwise, it’s just not a vinegret salad.
My family loves beet salads! Here are some of our favorites:
You can make this classy Beet Carpaccio with Goat Cheese right at home.
This Simple Beet Salad with Hazelnuts and Goat Cheese is filled with healthy benefits.
Russian Vinaigrette Recipe with Sauerkraut and Beets (aka Vinegret Salad)
- 1 medium red beet, boiled & diced
- 1 medium yellow potato, boiled & diced
- 1 carrot, boiled & diced
- 4 cups water
- 15 oz organic red kidney beans, 1 can
- 2 kosher dill pickles, diced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh dill, for garnish
- Place beet, potato, and carrot into a medium-sized pot and fill it up with 4 cups of water. Over medium heat, boil for 60 minutes or until fork-tender. Take out vegetables on a plate and let cool completely.1 medium red beet,, 1 medium yellow potato,, 1 carrot,, 4 cups water
- Drain and rinse red kidney beans. Add to a big bowl.15 oz organic red kidney beans,
- Peel and cube beets, potato, carrots, pickles, and red onion. Add to the bowl.1 medium red beet,, 1 medium yellow potato,, 1 carrot,, 2 kosher dill pickles,, ½ red onion,
- Add ъsauerkraut.½ cup sauerkraut
- When ready to serve, mix with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil to taste.1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp sea salt
- Garnish with fresh dill (optional).fresh dill,