An Easy Eggplant Spread Recipe
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a pan heat up 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in chopped eggplant. Stir until eggplant starts turning golden brown.
- Take out eggplant, add in the chopped onion, red pepper, and grated carrots.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the eggplant back to the pan with the vegetables. Add in 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste and 1 cup of water.
- Stir and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste (I add about 1/2 a teaspoon).
- Turn heat to lowest, cover pan and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Pulse the sautéd vegetables through a food processor or grinder until smooth or leave it a little bit chunky.