One of my favorite summer (or any other seasonal) salads is this excellent, light Creamy Avocado, Tomato, and Cucumber salad. Juicy tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, and a perfectly ripe avocado make a tasty and fresh salad!
Many salads are great for the hot summer days, but there is no better salad than using the ingredients straight from the garden. The juicy fresh tomato and cucumber right from the vine, and the avocado that I had to buy because avocados don’t grow anywhere near me, which is sad. I love growing fresh herbs. It’s a simple thing but makes a big difference in health. Do you grow any vegetables, fruits, or herbs in your garden?
Table of Contents
A hearty salad goes a long way!
Fresh summer vegetables make amazing salads for those hot summer months. When you’re at a cookout or have a potluck, this refreshing salad is the perfect side dish to bring. It’s one of my favorite salad recipes for summer picnics or any other special occasion. A large salad bowl of it will fly and be gone so quickly. With bright flavors and colors, it’s no wonder. You can also have it as a light lunch.
This delicious salad is made with only the best fresh ingredients. There’s no way to make a perfect summer salad without cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes, and the creamy avocado texture is the perfect addition!
Even if your vegetables are not from the garden, the tomato cucumber avocado salad recipe will still taste delicious, refreshing, and satisfying.
Why is this Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad recipe good for you?
The best thing about this tomato avocado cucumber salad is it uses fresh produce and it’s super healthy. That means you can include this salad if you’re doing a low-carb diet. The tomatoes provide 20% of your daily vitamin A, cucumbers contain 19% of your daily vitamin K and avocados contain more potassium than bananas.
Did this make you want to whip up this quick salad for lunch? I sure hope so! There is no good substitute for a handful of ingredients that are simple and nutritious!
What do I need to make this easy salad recipe?
Fresh tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes will provide the best flavor for this refreshing salad. They are small, soft, sweet, bright, and juicy.
Ripe Avocado: Avocadoes have healthy fats which make the salad more filling and satisfying. They also add flair and make the salad rich, creamier, smoother, and more colorful.
Persian cucumbers: These crunchy cucumbers are the best cucumbers and the perfect size for this simple salad. You also don’t have to peel them and they have a mild flavor so they’re rarely bitter.
Onion: They add a rich, tangy flavor and crispiness to this healthy salad.
Fresh dill: The strong flavor combines well with fresh vegetables for the best results in this salad.
Fresh lemon juice: Brings fresh flavor to the salad.
Along with these ingredients, you’ll need mayonnaise and salt
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make the Creamy Avocado Tomato Salad with Cucumber
1: Prepare the fresh vegetables and herbs
- Slice the crisp cucumbers, fresh tomatoes, and ripe avocado into bite-size pieces. Then cut the onion and the fresh dill.
2: Put ingredients in a bowl
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
3: Whisk up the dressing
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and lemon juice and add to the salad ingredients.
4: Toss ingredients and serve
- Toss salad ingredients and dressing gently to combine. Just before serving toss with salt to your taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to store this refreshing salad
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 day in an airtight container. The avocado may brown slightly, and the vegetables will become more liquid, but the salad will still taste delicious. When you’re ready to serve again, squeeze a squirt of lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt.
- Before adding the onions to the salad, cut them into thin slices and then soak them in water for a few minutes. Drain and add to the salad. This helps to preserve the flavor and avoid the onion aftertaste.
- You can substitute the fresh dill with fresh cilantro.
- Do not add too much lemon juice. Just a hint is enough for the citrusy flavor.
Lemon and lime juice can be used interchangeably because of their similar flavor. However, fresh lime juice is more acidic so you have to use less of it.
Because of the fresh ingredients used to make the salad, freezing is not recommended.
Other delicious salads to try out this summer.
The Apple Spinach Avocado Salad with Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette is a simple avocado salad that is both yummy and healthy.
This Quick Watermelon Summer Salad with Blueberries and Feta is easy, quick, and refreshing.
More Light Avocado Recipes to Make
If you tried this Quick and Creamy Avocado Tomato Salad with Cucumber or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and leave your 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Quick and Creamy Avocado Tomato Salad with Cucumber
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 stem fresh dill, chopped
- ½ onion
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Slice cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado into bite sizes.2 tomatoes,, 1 cucumber,, 1 avocado,
- Chop yellow onion and the fresh dill.½ onion, 1 stem fresh dill,
- Combine ingredients together with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt to your taste.2 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, salt,
- Add mayonnaise right before serving.
- If not serving right away, add the lemon juice when cutting the avocado so it doesn’t get brown.
- Add salt to your taste.