A summer filled with fresh berries and tasty desserts is one that I love for sure! This berry cheesecake is the perfect easy no-bake dessert for this season.
Graham crackers begin the base of these cheesecakes. A decadent layer of cheesecake mix, creamy and the perfect amount of sweet fills in the middle. On top, a sprinkle of chopped berries is the cherry on top: almost literally.
If you’re short on time early in the day, I’ll suggest this yummy berry cheesecake. It combines the chopped fruit with a simple cheesecake build, but as individual desserts! One for everyone… or maybe two. Create your own no-bake mini cheesecake in a mason jar! It’s a great choice for desserts, drinks, and smoothies.
This quick and easy recipe has simple ingredients that are most likely on hand all the time. This dessert is perfect for summer. Fill that buttery crust, creamy cheesecake filling, and top with sweet cherries or fresh strawberries.
Let’s talk about the sweet graham cracker crust!
Graham crackers are a pantry staple and when you’re in a pinch, they help out with so many dessert options. For these cheesecake jars, all you have to do is pulse the crackers in a food processor. Then, you’ll combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and pulse again to make a buttery graham cracker mixture.
After adding the crust, smooth the top of the graham cracker crust in the jars before adding the creamy filling. Use this easy recipe for the crust in more recipes than these no-bake cheesecake jars. Get creative with the different options!
Next, we’ve got the creamy cheesecake filling.
Heavy cream, softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest: these all combine to make the cream cheese filling. The main portion of this dessert is the classic cheesecake mixture.
I think my favorite part is the fact that you don’t have to bake it. Once you’ve got your prepared graham cracker crust, you’ll spoon in about 2 Tablespoons of the cream cheese layer in there. If you’d like to use a piping bag or pastry bag for this step, that’s great innovative thinking! For this recipe I’m using a short glass to make mini desserts.
Finally, we’ve come to the final step.
You’ve got strawberries, blueberries, red currants, and more to choose from. Having fresh fruit on hand is a good thing. In the summer it’s mostly berries, but I like putting fresh sweet cherries on top of my favorite desserts when they’re available.
This no bake cheesecake dessert is a great gift to bring to new neighbors. You not only give them a gift of small jars, but also an easy dessert inside. Mason jar desserts are always a good “welcome to the neighborhood” gift idea. It’s also a fun way to share a recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
Graham crackers start the base to this recipe. You will pulse them in the food processor.
Butter to add into the graham cracker crumbs before pulsing in the food processor again.
Heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and powdered sugar are for the middle cheesecake layer, you’ll need ⅔ of a cup.
Lemon zest and lemon juice add citrus notes to the center cheesecake layer.
Mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, red currant): these fresh berries will top off these mini desserts.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make No-Bake Berry Cheesecakes
Step 1: Create the base
In a food processor, pulse the crackers until finely ground. Add melted butter, and blend again.
Step 2: Mix the filling
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Using a hand mixer, beat for about 1 minute until well combined and smooth.
Step 3: Add whipping cream
Add cold whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture and beat until fluffy.
Step 4: Cut strawberries
Cut strawberries into pieces.
Step 5: Begin assembly
Divide the crust between serving glasses. About 2 Tablespoons per glass.
Step 6: Add in cheesecake filling
Place the cheesecake filling into each serving glass, dividing evenly.
Step 7: Garnish and refrigerate
Top with berries. Place into the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- For the best results, allow the assembled cheesecakes to chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours. This helps set the layers and intensifies the flavors.
- Feel free to use different varieties of berries. You can even choose just one berry, like a simple strawberry cheesecake option.
- Taste the cream cheese mixture before adding sugar. Adjust the amount of powdered sugar based on your sweetness preference.
- Chill the whipping cream before whipping. This helps it achieve a light and fluffy texture when beaten.
Yes, you can experiment with different crackers based on your preference. Graham crackers are a classic choice, but digestive biscuits or even chocolate cookies can work.
Yes, you can prepare these cheesecakes a day before serving. However, add the berries just before serving to maintain their freshness.
Yes, you can use gluten-free graham crackers or an alternative gluten-free crust option for a gluten-free version.
Here are some more tasty desserts you’ll love:
Classic Eclair Recipe with Cream has a smooth chocolate glaze and the creamiest filling!
Make a super easy No Cooking Freezer Raspberry Jam Recipe with no hassle and store it for months!
Enjoy More Berry Recipes
If you tried these No-Bake Berry Cheesecakes or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and leave your 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
No-Bake Berry Cheesecake in a Glass
- 1 cup crackers, or other cookies, crumbs (100g)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 cups mixed berries, strawberries, blackberries, red currant
- In a food processor, pulse the crackers until finely ground. Add melted butter, and blend again.1 cup crackers,, 2 Tbsp butter,
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Using a hand mixer, beat for about 1 minute until well combined and smooth.8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 tsp lemon juice
- Add cold whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture and beat until fluffy.⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- Cut strawberries into pieces.3 cups mixed berries,
- Divide the crust between serving glasses. About 2 Tablespoons per glass.
- Place the cheesecake filling into each serving glass, dividing evenly.
- Top with berries. Place into the fridge for 1-2 hours.