Quick Version of Russian Korean Carrot Salad with Spices. Raw finely julienned carrots seasoned with spices, garlic and steamed grape oil. You are going to love it!
Can I eat the Russian Korean Carrot Salad right away?
Make ahead or eat right away!
Yes! This one can be served right away, no need to wait till it marinades. It’s great one to make ahead of time also, especially during the busy holiday season. You can also serve some right away and save some for later. It can be refrigerated to enjoy for up to a week.
It’s a great way is to add carrots into your daily life is to make carrot salad. Not just any carrot salad, this Russian Korean Carrot Salad. It has so much flavor.
Are Carrots Good for Your Vision?
Chances are, at some point during your childhood, someone told you to eat your carrots because it would help you see further or more clearly. Is that really true, though? If so, how do carrots help your vision?
Like many of these long-held views that link a specific food to your health, there’s actually some truth and a little myth. But read on to find out more.
A GOOD SOURCE OF VITAMIN A AND BETA-CAROTENE
Carrots contribute a huge amount toward your daily requirements for vitamin A, a vitamin essential for eye health. NutritionData shows that a 5 ½-inch long raw carrot (50 grams) provides 167 percent of your daily requirement for vitamin A. Think of it—eat a single carrot and you’ve easily met your vitamin A needs for the day.
Why is vitamin A so important for your eye health? The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) explains that vitamin A deficiency prevents your body from producing pigments it needs for the photoreceptors in your retina to function properly. Naturally, this can impact your night vision.
EAT YOUR CARROTS
The truth is, carrots are undeniably good for your eye health. Do you remember all the times your parents told you to “eat your carrots”? They were doing you and your eyes a huge favor. However, don’t expect to eat a bag of carrots and find that what was once blurry comes into sharp focus. Carrots protect your eye health and vision; they don’t improve it.
To encourage you to eat your carrots and get a huge dose of vitamins, try preparing this Marinated Carrot Salad!
Classic Russian Korean Carrot Salad with Spices and Garlic – Koreiskaya Morkovka
- Kuhn Rikon Mandolin
- Vegetable peeler
- garlic press
- salad bowl
- 2 lb carrots, shredded
- 3 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 5 Tbsp white vinegar
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- Shred 2 lbs of carrots. (You can use this Kuhn Rikon Julienne Mandoline) *If you are using organic carrots, you don't need to peel them, just cut off the ends.
- To the carrots, add 3 Tablespoons cane sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, and 5 Tablespoons white vinegar. Mix well.
- In the center of the carrots add into 10 minced garlic cloves.
- On a stove top heat 1/2 cup of grape seed oil, just until you start seeing a little bit of steam.
- Pour the heated oil on the garlic. It will sizzle and give a garlicky, smokey smell. Quickly mix the salad then serve!
- Quickly mix the salad then serve, or save for later.