These classic Madeline Cookies are really easy to make, and the taste is amazing!
You can experiment with this recipe by adding your favorite flavors, nuts, spices, or extracts. I’ve tried making madeleine cookies with honey, shredded coconut, and lemon zest. The beauty of these cookies is that they always turn out great and it only takes 20 minutes to make them. This recipe makes 24 cookies. You will need a 12 cavity madeleine pan, so I have 2 pans to speed up the process.
Table of Contents
To start, you’ll need eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract.
Next, the dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, baking powder, and salt.
Finally, some melted unsalted butter.
Enjoy these delicious dessert recipes:
Easy Chocolate Chip and Butter Cookies are perfect for an after school snack.
Soft and Sweet Cheese Cookies with Farmers Cheese make the perfect holiday treat made of simple ingredients.
Easy 20 Minute Madeleine Cookies
- measuring spoons
- Stand mixer
- Strainer set
- Madeline pan
- Salad servers
- Cooling rack
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled to room temperature
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until light, fluffy and has a light yellow color.3 eggs, ⅔ cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and let it cool to room temperature.½ cup unsalted butter,
- Sift together the dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt.1 cup all-purpose flour, ¼ cup corn starch, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt
- Add melted butter into the egg and sugar mixture and mix for about one minute.
- Stir the dry ingredient mixture into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Optional step: for better results, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Butter the madeleine pans.
- Drop the batter into each shell with a spoon, filling it ¾ full.
- Bake the madeleines for 9-10 minutes until golden and spring back when touched.
- Remove from the oven and turn the pan upside down onto a cooling rack or a baking sheet. Dust with confectioner's sugar.