These No-Yeast Cinnamon Rolls are great for an after-school snack or to pack to-go. This amazing cinnamon roll recipe gives you fluffy buns with a sweet drizzle of glaze.
The cinnamon filling in this sweet breakfast option has melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, of course. I recommend mixing the cinnamon-sugar filling in a separate bowl before spreading it out onto the dough. That way, you’ll get an even mix of the flavors throughout these no yeast rolls.
Next time you crave cinnamon rolls, you’ll know that this recipe has all the good stuff. These cinnamon rolls are delicious and easy to make, perfect for any day of the week. They have a great frosting recipe and don’t require yeast. They’re better than store bought!
Table of Contents
Unbleached flour, baking powder, baking soda, unsalted butter, and buttermilk make up the dough.
Once you’ve made the dough, you’ll need these ingredients for the cinnamon sugar mix: unsalted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon!
Finally, the glaze for these soft and sweet rolls requires powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make No-Yeast Cinnamon Rolls From Scratch:
First Let’s Make the Dough
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
Cut 4 tsp butter into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients.
Stir in the buttermilk and mix well.
Dust a clean surface with a small handful of flour. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin until it is 1/2 inch thick and in a rectangular shape.
Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter, then brush it over the dough.
Make the Cinnamon Filling
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle it over the butter all the way to the edges.
Prepare to Bake It!
Roll dough in, long way and cut into 1 inch equal slices.
Arrange on a cookie sheet or any oven-safe dish. (Don’t grease it.)
Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
Lastly, Make the Glaze
Make the glaze by whisking powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk; drizzle the glaze over the hot cinnamon rolls.
- Use cold butter for the dough, it’ll create a flaky texture once the sweet cinnamon rolls are baked.
- Arrange the cinnamon rolls close together on the baking sheet so that they rise upwards, not outwards while baking.
Any milk, whether dairy or non-dairy, will work for the glaze.
Yes, you can freeze unbaked rolls and then bake them straight from the freezer. Add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
Add powdered sugar in small amounts to the glaze mix to thicken it. Balance out with small amounts of milk if it becomes too thick.
More delicious desserts to try:
This Key Lime Dessert with Zest and Cream is creamy, refreshing, and perfect for a picnic!
Make The Best Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries for a perfect snack to put into lunchboxes or to enjoy after school!
More Recipes Made with Cinnamon!
If you tried these No-Yeast Cinnamon Rolls or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
No-Yeast Cinnamon Rolls from Scratch
- Rolling spoon
- Wooden spoon
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Cinnamon sugar mix:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.2 cups unbleached flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda
- Cut 4 tsp butter into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients.4 tsp unsalted butter
- Stir in the buttermilk and mix well.1 cup buttermilk
- On a clean surface, dust a small handful of flour and roll out the dough until it is 1/2 inch thick and a rectangular shape.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter, brush it over the dough.2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon together and sprinkle it over the butter all the way to the edges.½ cup brown sugar, 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Roll dough in, long way.
- Cut into 1 inch equal slices.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet or any oven safe dish. (Don’t grease it.)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Make the glaze by whisking powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk; drizzle glaze over the hot cinnamon rolls.½ cup powdered sugar, ½ tsp vanilla, 2 tsp milk