Soy Sauce Baked Chicken Thighs in the Oven
Soy sauce baked chicken combines, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and a touch of lemon. These boneless thighs are juicy and tender, and make the perfect main dish for any side!
Table of Contents
Juicy and Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs Easy Recipe
Now any recipe can have the title of “easy recipe” but you don’t know if it really is easy unless you try it yourself, right? We all have different levels of difficulty. Some meat dishes have a huge list of instructions and while it may be a great recipe, it has such an extensive cooking process! I like to go the simple and easy route: oven baked and very juicy. Crispy skin, soft dark meat, and of course the tender boneless skinless thighs. You’ll start the oven at 425 degrees F and then increase to 475 degrees F. This will make sure the golden brown top of the juicy chicken thighs gets nice and crispy.
The best way to make your chicken the tastiest?
Obviously, the good stuff: spices! This easy chicken recipe is elevated with this spice mix: it’s just right. Garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper are the dream team combination that the whole family can enjoy, even those picky eaters. This easy dinner is minimal effort and can be paired with tasty white rice and a salad. There is so much flavor packed in these simple ingredients!
Dry chicken is really a deal breaker for me. Chicken breasts tend to turn out dry and can make the meal not very enjoyable. Switching them out for thighs makes this kinda chicken the best chicken recipe you’ll ever try. The dinner table will be so satisfied, they’ll be asking for it again and again. Other chicken thigh recipes do not compare to this honey soy chicken thighs recipe.
How Long Do I Need to Marinade it For?
Lots of chicken recipes have an extensive marinade time. Of course, you can marinate this chicken overnight but this recipe works without taking a too long time to marinate: just one hour minimum! This easy weeknight dinner makes other chicken recipes pale in comparison.
Why this Soy Sauce Chicken Thighs will Become a Family Favorite
It’s delicious. Like, let-me-lick-my-fingers-dry delicious.
It’s made with under 12 ingredients. And that’s counting salt and pepper.
Marinade it ahead of time. And have it on the table fast for dinner.
It is versatile. This goes well with so many dishes. Rice? Chow mein? Mashed potatoes? Yes, yes, and yes. Plus, it’s great all on its own.
Ingredients for Juicy and Tender Chicken Thighs
All well known, pantry staple ingredients. You may even have them all to make the recipe now.
Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Liquid: soy sauce, honey, olive oil, lemon juice.
Herbs: Garlic cloves and fresh parsley leaves.
Seasoning: Ground black pepper, sea salt and paprika.
Garnish: sesame seeds
Here are some more chicken recipes and recipe videos you’re sure to enjoy!
Avocado Chicken Soup with a Recipe Video
Tender Breaded Chicken in the Oven on Skewers
Best One Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe (Chicken Pilaf or Plov)
Soy Sauce Baked Chicken Thighs in the Oven
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless & skinless (about 2-2.5lbs)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 handful parsley, to garnish
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, honey, olive oil, minced garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and paprika, and mix well.¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup honey, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves garlic,, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Pour in the marinade over chicken thighs and toss them to cover the meat with the sauce.8 chicken thighs,
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and marinate chicken for at least 1 hour (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Transfer thighs into the baking pan.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes of cooking, using a spoon, baste the chicken with the marinade from the pan.
- Then increase the temperature to 475F and cook for 5-7 minutes more until golden brown on top.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and sesame seeds.1 handful parsley,, 1 Tbsp sesame seeds,
Just amazing recipe! My children absolutely enjoyed it. Will make it again! thanks
Really good chicken and great flavor!
I love how good these chicken thighs are with the soy sauce. This recipe makes the chicken taste a lot better then I thought they would.
I am not sure if this is a mistype that 8 chicken thighs for 2 people/servings? Who eats 4 chicken thighs as a main course? Was this an error?
It served 4 people with sides and very good.
This was fantastic! After 15 minutes I basted and turned oven to 450. I used really large garlic cloves minced and I recommend that. Juicy, loads of flavor
Great Sunday supper! Easy, great flavor! And my dad loved this dish!
I served with wide noodles and Brussel Sprouts!
How long do you cook them if they are bone-in thighs?