Making individual meringue jam-filled tartlets is a wonderful addition to your dessert table. It’s hard to put into words how tasty these sweet, crunchy, and creamy these individual desserts are, but I can tell you that they have a melt-in-your mouth texture.
When prepping for a large event, what do you plan out for the dessert table? These jam tartlets are always on my list. The baskets can be made beforehand and stored until you make the meringue and fill the jam!
The jam in these tasty tartlets can be any kind that you like! I like to make mine with apricot, peach, or berry jam. If I’m making a big batch, I’ll do a portion with each kind, so that way my guests can pick their favorite.
All you need to make these tarts are simple pantry-staple ingredients, then the filling with just three ingredients.
Table of Contents
What do I need to make the baskets?
- egg yolks
- unsalted butter
- baking powder
What do I need to make the filling?
- fruit jam (any you like)
- egg whites
Looking for more individual desserts? These recipes are perfectly sized:
These Sugarless Dough Rogaliki (rugelach) are a classic Slavic staple.
You can make bakery-style Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Muffins in your own kitchen with this easy recipe!
Meringue Jam Filled Tartlets
- hand mixer
- Pastry bag with tips
- Tartlet molds
For the tartlets:
- 3 egg yolks, from large eggs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, 2 sticks
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 cups unbleached flour
The jam filling:
- fruit jam, any kind you like
For the cream:
- 5 egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together egg yolks, a large egg, and sugar.3 egg yolks,, 1 large egg, 1 cup sugar
- Add melted unsalted butter and baking powder.1 cup butter,, ½ tsp baking powder
- Stir in flour. Leave in refrigerator for 30 minutes.3 cups unbleached flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Press dough into tartlet molds.
- Place forms on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until they start getting a light brown color.
- Flip the molds over, they will come out smoothly.
- Place on a baking sheet, fill each one with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.fruit jam,
- In an electrical mixer, beat egg whites with sugar until it’s not runny, 3 minutes.5 egg whites, 2 cups sugar
- Put meringue mix in a pastry bag with a pip tip. Decorate each jam filled tartlet.
- Place in the oven at 350F for 5 minutes.