This healthy bean salad is the perfect side dish with any meal. I like to enjoy it with Roasted Spaghetti Squash and this Simple Asian Cucumber Salad. For dessert, I like to have this Easy Apple Crisp. Apples are local to Washington state and this recipe only uses coconut palm sugar!
This salad keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container or a covered dish.
This salad has apple cider vinegar. It’s a great choice for the homemade dressing.
This traditional bean salad uses black beans, garbanzo beans, and red beans. You can use green beans, cannellini beans, or pinto beans additionally if you’d like, but I find the bean selection in this salad the easiest one to create. There are many types of beans out there that go great in this salad, and they each add a different flavor as well.
This classic bean salad is a great source of protein!
Do you love beans? They are a strong source of protein in your diet if you are doing meatless Monday! So next Monday, don’t hesitate to bring out the beans and fill yourself up. I like to make a big batch of this salad and enjoy it as a side one or two days in a row. My family loves it as well! The homemade dressing adds a delicious fresh taste to the beans.
Beans are super beneficial. To start, they are high in antioxidants, protein, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and copper. What other benefits do beans have?
7 BENEFITS OF BEANS:
- Low in fat: they are only 2-3% fat, which is almost nothing.
- Packed with protein: beans are a vegetable protein and contain no cholesterol.
- Lowers cholesterol level: eating beans regularly will lower cholesterol level and result in a reduced chance of heart disease.
- Lowers blood sugar: the protein and complex carbohydrate in beans make this a smart food choice because it is quickly digested and lowers blood pressure.
- Prevent constipation: as a result of the high fiber content, beans can keep your bowel movements more regular.
- Help with weight-loss: fiber-rich food promotes weight-loss. Beans happen to be fiber-rich and keep you full longer.
- Wallet-friendly: this vegetable protein is affordable and nutritious!
When buying beans in cans, buy organic and rinse before using.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy recipe:
Black beans, garbanzo beans, and red kidney beans is the bean mixture you’ll need for this salad.
Fresh dill or fresh cilantro: these fresh herbs add great flavor to this homemade bean salad.
Lemon juice, sea salt, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and black pepper combine to make an easy dressing for this healthy side dish.
How to make this Simple and Easy Bean Salad
Simple and Easy Bean Salad
- Can opener
- Lemon squeezer
- cutting board
- 15 oz can organic black beans
- 15 oz can organic garbanzo beans
- 15 oz can organic red kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped, or cilantro
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, from ½ lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Rinse all beans, add to a bowl.
- Add chopped fresh dill.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Mix dressing with beans, and add more salt if necessary.