A few colorful ingredients can go a long way. But first, how was your weekend? Mine was spent mostly at home, trying to help my husband feel better. He will be a keynote speaker in San Diego for a group of Instagrammers this weekend, and he needs to be well. So we went through a lot of lemon, tea and honey the past two days, and many hours on the couch; which seems to have payed off.
Cleaning Eating Veggie Bowl
So back to this colorful plate of veggies! I have been thinking about this salad for quite some time now, and never got around to posting it. So here it is, a clean eating veggie salad bowl. I love the colors and the simplicity of this recipe, and that it’s loaded with vitamins and nutrition. Have you tried clean eating? It’s a great way to avoid processed foods and get well-rounded meals filled with protein, fat, and carbohydrates. My article about clean eating here talks all about it and it’s benefits for you, too.
Benefits of Bell Peppers, Red Onion and Cucumber
If you enjoy bell peppers, you’ll be glad to know they are immune system boosting and also promote healthy and shiny skin and hair. And for the red onion, it regulates sugar levels which in result can reduce your risk of developing type-2 diabetes. Don’t forget about cucumbers. They flush out toxins out of the body and hydrate. Yum!
Ingredients for a Quick and Easy Veggie Salad
All these veggie ingredients are well known and easy to find at the grocery store. They also have a tone of benefits!
Red, yellow, green, and orange bell pepper are all low in calories and provide your body with vitamins C and A.
English cucumber are filled with vitamins B and C, as well as vitamin K.
Cherry tomatoes contain lycopene, which fights free radicals which cause many diseases.
Red onions have quercetin, an antioxidant which helps reduce inflammation.
Carrots fill you with beta carotene, which can lower your diabetes risk.
Fresh dill contains vitamin A, which supports your immune system.
Simple and Colorful Clean Eating Veggie Salad Bowl
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 stem fresh dill, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice 1/2 of yellow, green, orange, and red bell pepper.
- Slice 1/2 a cucumber and 1/2 red onion.
- Slice in halves 10 cherry tomatoes.
- Chop 1 stem fresh dill and grate 1 large carrot.
- When ready to serve, mix vegetables with 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste), and a pinch of ground black pepper.