These pizzelle waffle cones are filled with a delicious, smooth cream. They’re easy to make and are a wonderful addition to your dessert table. Pretty, easy, and so yummy. What’s there not to like?
A filled pizzelle waffle cone is cookie simplicity at its best. Simple, yes. Plain, not at all. There’s nothing drab about this cookie. It’s a cookie that lets you enjoy the flavors of vanilla and cream. And oh will you enjoy it!
Table of Contents
Tell Me More About Pizzelle Waffle Cookies!
Texture: Think about the waffle cone you get from your favorite ice cream shop. It’s thin and crispy, right? Goes perfectly with ice cream! Well, these mini homemade versions are slightly thicker and a bit softer. After all, it’s a cookie.
Flavor: You get a sweet mild vanilla flavor from the cookie part. The filling is a combination of tangy and sweet from the sugar, cream, and cream cheese.
Difficulty: NOT difficult. Seriously, these cookies are so easy to make! I love making these ahead of time if I’m planning to have guests over. It’s a dessert that makes a big impact without a lot of effort. That way, I can focus on the things that require more time.
Versatility: There’s so much versatility when it comes to these cookies. You can add just about any flavor to the pizzelle cookie base. Want a chocolate version? Add some cocoa powder or swirl in some melted chocolate. As for the cream, I’m using my favorite simple cream that I also use in my favorite eclairs. But again, you can go for a chocolate mousse filling, a fruity filling, just about anything you can think of!
These cannoli-like cookies are magnificent! The perfect excuse to finally use that pizzelle maker! Enjoy!
What do I need to make this recipe?
- unsalted butter
- baking powder
- unbleached flour
Check out these traditional Slavic desserts:
Sweet Winter Trees Dessert with Nuts and Condensed Milk are a holiday favorite that look super cute!
Learn all about How to Make a Sweet Meringue Dessert right at home!
Easy Pizzelle Waffle Cones with a Simple Cream
- Pizzelle maker
- Wooden cone
- hand mixer
- Pastry bag with tips
For the waffle cones:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ Tbsp baking powder
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour
For the cream:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz whipping cream, cool whip
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Beat eggs and sugar together in a bowl using a hand mixer.3 large eggs, 1 cup sugar
- Add melted butter, baking powder, and a splash of vanilla to the bowl. Mix together.1 cup unsalted butter,, ½ Tbsp baking powder, 1 splash vanilla extract
- Into the mix, add the flour. Mix until it's all blended well together. Let stand for a couple of minutes until it stiffens up.2 cups unbleached flour
- Turn on the pizzelle maker and once heated, place a teaspoon of batter onto each design and close.
- They will brown up fast. Once browned, quickly roll into a cone shape (a wooden cone shape is a great tool for this).
- Set aside the ready cones and continue making the rest of the dough until done.
- With a hand mixer, start mixing cream cheese in a bowl. Add powdered sugar and continue mixing.8 oz cream cheese,, ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Turn mixer onto low speed and add in the whipped cream. Mix on low for a minute until fluffy but not runny.12 oz whipping cream,
- Fill each cone with cream.