These simple crisps are made of one of my favorite vegetables: zucchini! Both zucchini and squash are rated very high up in my unofficial book of favorite veggies. They are super easy to cook and can make so much out of so little: noodles, crisps, pizza bites, fritters, salads, rolls, spreads, soups, and even hummus!
I love how they are healthy, crispy and very easy to make. Did you know that zucchini is one of the very low-calorie vegetable, just 17 calories in 100 grams? These zucchini crisps are the perfect addition to summer dishes. They are dipped in olive oil, which benefits skin cancer and also is perfect with this zucchini because it fills you right up.
Did you know black pepper, although in a small amount, has health benefits too? Black pepper is good for digestive function because consuming black pepper allows hydrochloric acid levels to rise in the stomach.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious crisps:
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- bread crumbs
How to put together this simple recipe:
Simple and Easy Zucchini Crisps
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 2cm circles
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup bread crumbs, panko works best
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Slice zucchini, about 2 cm each slice.
- Mix zucchini with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 ground black pepper, and 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
- Dredge each zucchini slice into the crumb mix. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip each slice over and continue baking for another 15 minutes.