A simple Russian Vinaigrette sometimes is complicated by tons of different recipes: but this Dairy-Free & Vegan recipe is simple and easy!
There are a few different ways a Russian Vinaigrette is made. So, here is one of them! Personally, I like this salad among other Russian traditional salads. Why? Because, it doesn’t have the heavy amount of mayonnaise. In fact, it actually has no mayonnaise. It’s made of a combination of boiled vegetables that you could actually enjoy all year long.
In this salad, the first ingredient already tells you this salad is packed with vitamin A and C. Of course, this is through the beets! Naturally, it cleanses the blood and protects against heart disease. Moving on to red kidney beans! Here, it is good to know that they contain a load amount of not only fiber, but also protein. Green onion is anti-viral and lowers the blood pressure.
Beets may be available year round, but they’re seasonal in the winter months, where they’re more tender and sweeter, too. Potatoes are a regular ingredient on hand since they are so versatile, as well as pickles. I hope you enjoy this delicious and simple salad!
What goes into a Russian Vinaigrette?
Beets are filled with fiber and folate.
Kidney beans contain protein and minerals.
Green onion has vitamins K and C.
Potatoes are a beloved veggie, and they help us by keeping our blood sugar levels in check.
Pickles help digestion and contain vitamin A.
Fresh dill provides manganese and vitamin C to our bodies.
Along with those ingredients, you will need extra virgin olive oil and salt.
OTHER RED SALADS TO TRY:
Simple and Light Russian Vinaigrette
- 1 red beet, boiled & chopped
- 14 oz can red kidney beans, organic
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- 1 large Yukon potato, boiled & chopped
- 1 large carrot, boiled & chopped
- 3 pickles, diced
- 1 stem fresh dill, chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, organic
- salt, to taste
- Boil beet, potato, and carrot. Chop into a medium size bowl.
- Chop 1 green onion, fresh dill, and 3 pickles.
- When ready to serve, mix with 3 Tbsp of olive oil and salt to your taste. Enjoy!