One of my favorite salads to enjoy in the summer is this creamy and crunchy Quick Mixed Garden Vegetable Salad with Eggs. Loaded with cucumber, radish, onion, and dill, with boiled eggs and tossed with mayonnaise, it can be enjoyed for lunch as-is or fancied up like an egg salad sandwich.
A good egg salad starts with good eggs. I like brown free-range organic eggs. To me, the taste is more appetizing than the other varieties, and after the habit of only eating the free-range organic eggs, the factory caged white eggs are almost impossible to consume. There is definitely a difference in flavor.
How do I cook the perfect hard-boiled egg?
- Place the eggs in a large pot and fill with cool water, covering the eggs by an inch.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil eggs for 5-7 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Drain the eggs and refill the pot with cold water. Let the eggs sit in the cool bath for 3-4 minutes. (This helps to peel the eggs easier).
Gather the Ingredients for this Garden Vegetable and Eggs Salad
You will need:
Radish: I have always used the red kind of radish. I’ve not really tried this salad with other varieties.
Cooked Eggs: Large eggs, and hard boiled.
Cucumber: Skin peeled or not, it’s up to you.
Onion: Green scallions.
Dill: Fresh dill makes a great difference in this recipe.
Salt and pepper to season, if you want. Usually, I find that the mayonnaise has just enough flavor as the salad dressing. If you prefer more flavor, you can also add a little bit of lemon juice.
I love to plan out spring recipes! Here are some more that are seasonal:
This Refreshing Spring Radish Salad has cucumber and mint!
You can make this Tangy Smoked Tomatoes Chicken Soup with Vegetables at home!
Quick Mixed Garden Vegetable Salad with Eggs
- ½ lb red radish, chopped
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled, chopped
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 2 stems green onion, chopped
- 1 handful fresh dill, chopped
- salt, to taste
- Boil 4 large eggs then cool them down.
- Cut the English cucumber in half, then slice it. Add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut off the ends of the radishes, cut each radish in half, and slice. Add to the cucumbers.
- Dice the cooled hard-boiled eggs. Add to the bowl.
- Slice the green onion into thin pieces. Add to the bowl.
- When ready to serve, mix with 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise; or to your taste.
- Salt to taste. * Don’t mix salad until ready to serve.