We know green juices are usually pretty good for us. But don’t you think they should taste as good as they make us feel? I do!
And with the right ingredients, you can totally get a green juice that is bursting with flavor and hits all the right notes. This Green Citrus Spring Juice is just that. It’s a delicious concoction of sweet, fresh, earthy, spicy, and citrusy flavors. It’s an actual feel-good juice.
What Goes In This Juice?
I start with two different herbs. Cilantro and Parsley. They bring a beautiful earthy, and fresh flavor to this juice. Plus, they pack a nutritional punch. They offer immune-boosting antioxidants, promote gut health, and can improve bone health among so many other health benefits.
I add in my veggies. Cucumbers and Celery. These are perfect for juicing since they’re mostly made up of water. They also add some pretty great flavor.
Don’t forget your fruits! Remember when I said juices should taste good too! Well, fruits help with that. They add sweetness to any bitter flavors. Here I’ve added a Green Apple, and an Orange.
Spice it up with a bit of Ginger. Ginger adds such an incredible depth of flavor and makes the overall taste of the juice oh so pleasant. Ginger is loaded with antioxidants and provides much bone, and heart-healthy properties.
It’s the perfect juice to kickstart the Spring season with!
Tropical Spring Citrus Juice Recipe
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 green apple, cut into sections
- 4-6 celery ribs, cut into 4-inch spears
- 2 large cucumbers, cut into spears
- 1 medium-sized orange, peeled & cut into pieces
- 1-2 inch piece ginger, peeled
- Prepare all ingredients for juicing. Cut up the apple, cut celery spears, peel oranges, and cut the cucumber into spears. Peel ginger and wash and prepare cilantro and parsley leaves and stems.
- Run all ingredients through a juicer. If you do not have a juicer, you can use a blender and blend ingredients with a small amount of water then strain it through a nut milk bag.
- Taste and add more orange, or an extra apple or ginger if desired.