Tangy Carrot Salad with Pumpkin Seeds and Easy Dressing
Tangy Grated Carrot Salad with Pumpkin seeds is super easy to make, it’s cheap, keeps well, and is very healthy.
Table of Contents
Ingredients you need to make this Grated Carrot Salad
This easy carrot salad is a great mix of crunchy, sweet and tangy, and makes an excellent side dish to have up your sleeve. It’s inspired by the French carrot salad, or salade de carottes râpées meaning “salad of grated carrots.” You can find Grated Carrot salad all over France at cafes, bistros, and supermarkets.
Made with carrots, green onion, parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds for an extra crunch to this salad, then mixed with a light tangy dressing. Make sure to give the salad time to soak up the dressing for full flavor.
How to Make a Tangy Grated Carrot Salad with Pumpkin Seeds
Using a small fry pan or cast-iron skillet, heat pumpkin seeds on medium heat until they start to pop and turn brown. Set aside and allow to cool while preparing the rest of the salad.
Then whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, by adding ¼ cup olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, Juice of ½ lemon, 1 teaspoon honey and ¾ teaspoon of salt.
Add salad ingredients to a large bowl.
Toss the dressing well to coat.
Here are some more great recipes to make at home:
Acai Bowls are super easy to make right at home! You can decorate them with so many delicious toppings.
You can make this Seed Bread that is gluten and dairy free! The step-by-step recipe is very easy.
Tangy Grated Carrot Salad with Pumpkin Seeds and Easy Dressing
- mixing spoon
- mixing bowl
- Lemon squeezer
- 8-10 large carrots, or double the amount of smaller carrots, shredded
- 4 stems green onion, sliced thin, white and some of the green parts
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½-1 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- ¾ tsp salt
- Using a small fry pan or cast iron skillet, heat pumpkin seeds on medium heat until they start to pop and turn brown. Set aside and allow to cool while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing on top and toss well to coat.
- Taste and add a squeeze of lemon or a bit more salt if desired.