Super Healthy Seed Bread that is Gluten free and Dairy Free
This deliciously hearty seed bread is so easy to make! Using simple ingredients, you are only a few steps away from devouring this vegan and keto-friendly bread.
Many people think making your own bread at home is impossible. That couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s actually quite simple. This healthy seed bread is not only gluten free, but also dairy free.
Here’s Why You Should Make Your Own Bread At Home
You get to control what goes in. Here’s the thing about commercial bread. When you look at the label, you’ll notice a long list of ingredients. And sometimes, not all those ingredients are healthy. Making your own bread ensures you add the healthy ingredients you like, and leave out the not-so-good stuff.
It’s tastier. Have you ever had bread that was just pulled out of the oven? Seriously, nothing beats fresh bread. And if you make your own at home, you’ll always have fresh bread.
It will make your home smell better than a bakery. Just ask my husband. Coming home to bread being baked is one of his favorite things because the house smells absolutely divine!
Tips And Tricks To Make This Healthy Seed Bread
- Use whole, raw seeds. You’ll want to use whole pumpkin, sunflower, and hemp seeds. Make sure they’re raw too. That means no added salt or oil!
- Adding chia and flax seeds. These have a gel-like consistency when combined with water. Both chia and ground flax will help hold the bread together.
- Don’t skip the psyllium husks. This is a non-negotiable ingredient. This fibrous ingredient is what binds everything together.
If you’re looking for an easy bread to make at home that’s also full of nutritional value, this seed bread is it! There’s no kneading involved. Combine your ingredients, add to your loaf pan, and bake!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this bread:
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- coconut flakes
- ground flax
- hemp seeds
- chia seeds
- psyllium husks
- coconut oil
Check out these other great recipes from the blog:
Healthy Kale Pesto Salad with Red Peppers is a great lunch salad.
A low calorie Simple Coconut and Lime Smoothie with Blueberries is all you need in the morning.
Super Healthy Seed Bread
- parchment paper
- food processor
- Spatula set
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 1½ cups large coconut flakes
- ¾ cup ground flax
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup psyllium husks
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1½ cups water
- Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Gently pulse pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a food processor fitted with an S blade until they are coarsely chopped. Its ok if some seeds do not process, be careful to not over process at this step, you want coarsely ground seeds and coconut chips.¾ cup pumpkin seeds, ¾ cup sunflower seeds, 1½ cups large coconut flakes
- Add food processor ingredients to a large bowl then add the ground flax, hemp seeds, chia seeds, psyllium husks and salt and mix well.¾ cup ground flax, 2 Tbsp hemp seeds, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, ¼ cup psyllium husks, ¾ tsp salt
- Add melted coconut oil and water and mix well again. Allow batter to sit on counter for 10 minutes until water is all absorbed.3 Tbsp melted coconut oil, 1½ cups water
- Pour/press batter into parchment lined pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a knife can be inserted and comes out smooth and the top is golden brown.