Simple Summer Salad With Chickpeas
Dig into a crisp, cool salad for a perfect summer side dish.
This salad is the best in the summer when tomatoes and cucumber are most in season! Tomatoes reduce heart disease and cancer while cucumbers are one of the best foods to keep you hydrated and flush out toxins from your body!
Check out these other great chickpea recipes:
This Quinoa Tabouli With Crispy Roasted Chickpeas has a great light dressing.
You can make this Chickpea Veggie Bowl with Spinach and Easy Guacamole for loads of nutrition and bursts of flavor.
Simple Summer Salad with Chickpeas
- salad bowl
- Can opener
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes, cubed
- 4 Parisian cucumbers, cubed
- 2 stems parsley, chopped
- 2 stems green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chickpeas, cooked & drained
- 1½ Tbsp light extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp vinegar
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, green onion, and chickpeas in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste and mix to combine, then serve fresh!2 Heirloom tomatoes,, 4 Parisian cucumbers,, 2 stems parsley,, 2 stems green onion,, ¼ cup chickpeas,, 1½ Tbsp light extra virgin olive oil, ¼ tsp vinegar, salt,, ground black pepper,