This salad is the best in the summer when tomatoes and cucumber are most in season! Tomatoes reduce heart disease and cancer while cucumbers are one of the best foods to keep you hydrated and flush out toxins from your body!
Simple Summer Salad with Chickpeas
- cutting board
- salad bowl
- Can opener
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes, cubed
- 4 Parisian cucumbers, cubed
- 2 stems parsley, chopped
- 2 stems green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chickpeas, cooked & drained
- 1½ Tbsp light extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp vinegar
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, green onion, and chickpeas in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste and mix to combine, then serve fresh!