I’ve got a delicious salad recipe to share today. It’s refreshing, it’s fulfilling, and it’s the perfect recipe to welcome spring. It makes for a wonderful addition for your next gathering.
This recipe was the result of some experimenting. I was craving a salad, but one with some substance. I wanted protein, I wanted greens, and I wanted it absolutely flavorful. I had just brought home some beautiful green asparagus and radishes. I looked into my fridge and pantry, and within minutes, I knew exactly what I wanted to make.
A salad with asparagus, radishes, potatoes, boiled eggs, fresh, earthy herbs – all drenched in a zesty, flavorful vinaigrette. I coined it the Spring Potato And Asparagus Salad.
And boy was it delicious. My family absolutely loved it. I had some leftovers and packed a bit in everyone’s lunch for the next day.
Then I made it again. And again. And, well, it became a pretty recurring dish on our table during the season of spring.
Now that we’ve got warmer weather approaching (fingers crossed), I thought it would be the best time to share the recipe with you.
Here’s why I’m so sure you’ll absolutely love it too!
It’s healthy. You get protein from eggs, healthy fats from olive oil, and plenty of vitamins and minerals from asparagus, radishes, shallots, and herbs.
It’s delicious. This is not a bowl of boring salad. It’s packed with so many delicious flavors that come together for an ultimate bite.
It’s easy to make. The only thing you’re “cooking” here is the eggs. Everything else gets chopped and mixed together. Easy peasy!
Kickstart the spring season with this delicious Spring Potato And Asparagus Salad with a dijon vinaigrette!
What will I need to make this Spring Salad?
Baby potatoes are packed with antioxidnats and support your digestive system.
Asparagus fills you with folic acid and potassium. Also, it is filled with vitamins A and C.
Eggs are richi n protein and vitamin B2, as well as selenium and vitamin D.
Parsley can help to reduce blood pressure and is filled with vitamin K.
Along with those ingredients, you’ll need olive oil.
To make the dressing, you will need:
- Dijon mustard
- sherry vinegar
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
How to make a Spring Potato and Asparagus Salad
Spring Potato Asparagus Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 8 baby potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups asparagus spears
- parsley or dill, to taste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp shallots (minced)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks scatter around the baking sheet, making sure to leave space between them. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until they start to crisp up. Remove from oven when done.
- While potatoes are roasting, lightly steam asparagus using your preferred method (microwave, stovetop). Quickly run asparagus pieces under cold water after steaming until cooled.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Arrange asparagus, radishes, and potatoes in a bowl and drizzle dressing on top. Serve topped with fresh herbs if desired.