There’s nothing like an easy salad to whip up on a busy day! How’s your day going?
Tomato and spinach salad is a great afternoon snack. The scoop on spinach: low in fat, high in protein and packed with vitamin A, C, E, and K. Vitamin A is important for normal organ function, help strengthen eyesight and support the immune system. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin A and C, folic acid, and antioxidants.
With health-disease-reducing powers, tomatoes also reduce cancer. Since tomatoes are 95% water, it’s low in calories. So whether you call it a fruit or a vegetable, add a juicy tomato to your day.
What do I need to make this salad?
Baby spinach is filled with quercetin, which supports heart health and helps to prevent disease.
Tomato is rich in lycopene, which helps to protect your skin from sun damage.
Scallions fill you with fiber, keeping you full and helps to keep your cholesterol levels down.
Along with those ingredients, you will need olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
How do I put it together?
Arrange spinach and tomato on a plate.
Mix together the olive oil, salt, black pepper, and scallions. Drizzle on top and enjoy!
Here are some great recipes that help you eat your greens!
A Morning Green Smoothie is perfect to start your day with.
Looking for more salads? This Easy Green Spring Salad is perfectly fresh.
Easy Homemade Spinach Salad with Tomatoes
- 1½ cup baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 Persian cucumbers, or ½ English cucumber
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry your vegetables.
- Put spinach in a large bowl; add sliced cucumbers, 1/4 of a red onion, tomatoes, and chopped avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil right before serving and mix carefully. Your salad is ready! Transfer into a salad plate and serve this delicious spinach salad!