Fall brings on the family dinners, holiday gatherings, back-to-school events, and so much more. One common denominator in most of these events is food! We gather around the table to enjoy a great meal while connecting with our favorite people (or, even new people).
Coming in from the cold, this Dairy-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip will warm your family right up, combining the creaminess with crispy chips or veggies. Not only that, this dip is made from several amazing veggies and ingredients that benefit your body, too.
Spinach fills you with potassium, helping to lower your blood pressure while artichoke hearts are high in antioxidants, making them a superfood. Artichokes can help improve liver function.
What will I need to make this recipe?
Spinach fills you with potassium and supports eye health.
Artichoke hearts help to control high blood pressure.
Shallot contains antioxidants that help to prevent heart disease and cancers.
Garlic adds a great flavor to this dip and fills you with antioxidants that support your immune system.
Water chestnuts are high in fiber, supporting your digestive system./
Along with those ingredients, you will need avocado oil, unsweetened coconut yogurt, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt, and black pepper.
How to make this Dairy-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
Dairy-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium-sized shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and chopped (squeeze water out before chopping)
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, strained and chopped
- 8 oz water chestnuts, strained and chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free unsweetened coconut yogurt, or another non-dairy unsweetened yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast, optional for cheesy flavour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add avocado oil. Once hot, add shallots and cook until soft then quickly stir in minced garlic cloves for 15 seconds then add chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, and water chestnuts. Cook for an additional few minutes or until water has evaporated.
- Add coconut yogurt, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir well. Add nutritional yeast here if desired.
- Place cast iron skillet in the oven or add all ingredients to a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Serve warm with chips, crackers, or a toasted baguette.