I’m not sure if you’re a fan of mushrooms, but lots of people aren’t into this veggie. I think that it’s just a matter of how you serve these mushrooms, so I created this Simple Mushroom Salad with Flax Seeds over spinach. They taste so so good in this salad!
Next time you are at the grocery store, grab a small bag of organic mushrooms. It is not summer yet, and you may not be getting as much as you should be of vitamin D. Mushrooms make a great source of vitamin D, they are exposed to sunlight naturally and generate vitamin D, which enhances calcium absorption and bone strength. They also have the power of boosting your immune system, which is what we need this time of year. This salad is easy to whip up and truly is delicious. With vitamin, K packed spinach, flax seeds and a sweet dijon dressing you sure will be feeling healthy and satisfied.
It is important to add some Vitamin D into your diet. Since the winter months give us less sun here, we might turn to vitamin D supplements. While that’s a great option to keep your levels up, it’s better and in fact more important to make sure that your source of vitamins is the organic and healthy produce that contains these vitamins naturally. Wholesome mushrooms, spinach, scallions, flax seeds, and dill are all great options to keep up your vitamin intake of many different vitamins this season.
What will I need to make this salad?
- olive oil
- cremini mushrooms
- flax seeds
- fresh dill
For the dressing:
- Dijon mustard
- maple syrup
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
How to make Simple Mushroom Salad with Flax Seeds over Spinach
Simple Mushroom Salad with Flax Seeds over Spinach
- cutting board
- garlic press
- salad bowl
- Wooden spatula
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Sauté until mushrooms begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add in minced garlic. Sauté another minute, then add in 1 sliced scallion. Mix together and remove from heat.
- Arrange 1 cup of spinach on a plate and spread mushrooms on top of spinach.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon flax seeds and 1 Tablespoon chopped dill.
- Salad Dressing: Mix together 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 Tablespoon maple syrup , 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, and a small pinch of salt.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve!