I come from a family that absolutely loves eggs. We can have eggs any time of the day. Omelettes for dinner? Great! Avocado-egg toast in the morning? Sounds great! Breakfast or not, eggs are super versatile in lots of recipes. Eggs even make a great appetizer (deviled eggs!). Because they’re so easy to cook and incorporate, this salad isn’t a hassle at all.
Seriously, we’re crazy about eggs. That’s because they’re so versatile! You can do just about anything with them!
But there’s always one dish that I seem to fall back on so often. It’s easy to make, my kids love it, and it makes an easy packable lunch for work, school, or just a picnic.
I present to you: the humble egg salad!
How Do You Eat It?
- Put it in between two slices of bread for an easy sandwich.
- Top crackers for a yummy appetizer.
- Grab a bowl of this yummy egg salad for a delicious snack that’s full of protein.
What I Love About This Recipe:
- You only need five ingredients! And you probably already have them at home! Eggs, garlic, mayonnaise, dill, and salt.
- I always say eggs are a perfect food. That’s because eggs aren’t high in calories, but are a rich source of protein and Vitamin D. And this recipe has got lots of nutrients.
- It stays fresh in the fridge for days! I love making a big batch of egg salad so I can enjoy it for the next week. And having it in the fridge makes it accessible for everyone in the house. They can make a sandwich whenever they please!
This egg salad is anything but boring. It’s packed with delicious flavor. And if you’re looking to add more kick to it, sprinkle in some smoked paprika. Yum!
A simple egg salad can be enjoyed on a a slice of bread or on crackers. It makes a great protein snack or a even a lunch meal. I am always looking for simple and quick high in protein dishes. So if you have one, let me know.
Eggs are the perfect food when you need some protein in your diet. They are not overloaded with calories, contain 6 grams of protein, and less than one carb! Studies also point to that one egg a day can lead to healthy food choices later in the day. Eggs are a source of vitamin D which is essential for protecting bones.
To make this recipe, all you need are 5 simple ingredients!
Hard-boiled eggs are the base and shining glory in this salad! They’re so easy to cook and eat.
Garlic cloves flavor up this salad and help to improve the good cholesterol levels in your body.
Dill provides your body with vitamin C & manganese!
Along with those ingredients, you will need mayonnaise to mix it all together and salt!
How to make Simple and Easy Egg Salad
Simple and Easy Egg Salad
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stem dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt
- Boil and chop 3 large eggs. Mince 2 cloves of garlic and chop 1 stem of dill.
- Combine eggs, garlic, and dill with 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise and salt to taste.