Now I know this recipe is labeled side dish, but you can even have this amazing mushroom dish as a main! They are super delicious and have so many benefits. This dish is perfect to enjoy in the winter as a warm and toasty lunch or dinner.
Enjoy seared mushrooms just on their own, or add to meats and other vegetables. Mushrooms contain protein, vitamin C, and iron when cooked.
One of the top three benefits of mushrooms is that it provides fiber and is very beneficial to diabetics. On the other hand, onion builds collagen which provides structure to hair and skin, making them strong and healthy. Naturally, consuming olive oil provides your body with healthy fat: monounsaturated fat.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Mushrooms: any kind will work, but I tend to use the white ones pretty often.
Onion: one small one will do!
Olive oil & salt: simple ingredients make a simple dish!
How to make Quick Seared Mushroom Dish
- cutting board
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
- Slice mushrooms and add to the skillet. Stir occasionally until the mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add chopped yellow onion to the mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes, then enjoy!