Can we talk about how gloomy the weather has been lately? I’m not one to shy away from cold temperatures, but the cloudy days are really starting to bring the mood down. So I thought of a way to brighten it up.
And a fresh, green, citrusy salad was definitely the way to go.
You guys, this Bok Choy salad with juicy blood oranges and zesty feta cheese is out-of-this-world delicious. The yummy vinaigrette, the crispy, fresh greens, the crunchy toppings. My mouth is watering as we speak. I can devour an entire bowl of this incredible salad in minutes.
I know a lot of people think Bok Choy has to be cooked, but let me tell you. Bok Choy tastes ah-mazing raw. This cruciferous green is full of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Folate, and Beta-Carotene.
Juicy Blood Oranges
Blood Oranges are a great source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. Their subtly sweet flavors are so wonderful in this salad. And the juice from these blood oranges adds an incredible depth of flavor to the vinaigrette.
Feta cheese is a popular choice of cheese in many salads as it’s low in calories and fat. Feta cheese also aids in bone health. It’s really the missing piece in this salad – the zesty rich flavor, and soft texture pairs really well with the blood oranges and bok choy.
I opted for almonds or sunflower seeds. I love them in this salad! You could also top this salad with dried cranberries, raisins, and sliced avocados.
Top the salad off with a yummy sesame-blood orange vinaigrette, and you’ve got a bowl that even the cloudiest of days can’t bring down!
How to Make Crunchy and Colorful Bok Choy Salad with Blood Oranges
Scrumptious and Colorful Bok Choy And Blood Orange Salad
- small bowl
- salad bowl
- 2 cups baby bok choy, or regular bok choy, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bib lettuce leaves, loosely chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage leaves, shredded
- 1 stem green onion, sliced
- ½ cup blood oranges, peeled & sliced
- ½ cup almonds, slivered
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp shallots, finely minced
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice, regular or blood orange
- 1 Tbsp tamari, or soy sauce
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt
- Add bok choy, lettuce, red cabbage, green onions, blood oranges, and slivered almonds to a bowl.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
- Add extra oranges, green onions, and feta to top of salad if desired.